Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - “How To”-Getrag Shift Linkage-Counterweight Removal
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 12:13 PM   #102
LastRites
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I looked below my intake and saw the bolt just sitting right there and figured it was a few minutes work, why not. Of course I didn't know the Ford goriilla was the one that put that bolt in because it ended up being some wrench time, lol. Just my opinion but shifting has been made much more idiot proof, at least on my car and especially at high RPM - speedshifting. It glides into each gear and is very pronounced as to where it went. I haven't noticed anything that I would call notchy shifting as mentioned by an earlier poster but that might be due to the Synchormax or simply how bad the shift feel was prior to removing the balance. The one thing that may be a negative, at least with me, is that the shifter is very anxious to pop out of gear too. Does not do it on it's own but when I'm cycling through gears I tend to keep my hand on the knob and noticed that it is very easy to back out of a gear when you do it. It's a bad habit I need to break anyway.

04‘ SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"