Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Went to the drag strip for the first time!
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 04:13 AM   #30
awnuts
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12680
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3 with Zetec

FF Reputation: 6 awnuts Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
As far as beating the hell out of your car it looks to me you need to get the feel of the lights.
The lights are the hardest thing to get right and if you snooze a millisecond you blow your reaction time.Practice getting out of the gate ontime and then think shifting.Consistency is what wins races. As for taking a stock daily driver down the track powershifting thats a crazy idea to me because the stock parts are not designed for that much abuse.I've ran many a stock car just for fun and never thought of beating it to death and not getting home. a fun thing to try with a stock car is bracket racing.You make a few practice passes and average your dial in time and try not to breakout.Basicly your racing against yourself and your consistency is what counts.Sometimes they will put another car in with you at the same dialup as yours. Bracket racing is not as hard on your car and you can still have fun. Heck I used a 76 duster once as a tow car for my 65 Nova.The Nova fuel pump gave out and I couldnt race it.so I took the lowly 6 cyl Duster down the track in bracket. I went home with a trophy for my day and my buddys and me had a great laugh all night. And if your lucky you go home with the trophy anyway if theres no one in your bracket to race. The whole thought is just have fun.
Magnaflow cat back, EBC sport rotors with red pads,Focus sport stress bar,Yokohama EVS tires,volant cai,screamin demon coil and wires. Red powder coated calipers,Focal 5 spoke tuner wheels deep chrome edge.