Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Went to the drag strip for the first time!
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 03:18 AM   #29
Auto0utcast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10652
What I Drive: 2003 gutted zx3

FF Reputation: 1 Auto0utcast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
im not going to deny that high rpm launches on slicks are a huge strain on a drivetrain but powershifting isnt healthy either. will it improve track times.. without a doubt, but i dont want every 17 and 18 yr old kid that reads "powershift your car at the strip" to go out and try it, ruin their vehicle and be out of a ride because of it. for that extra tenth or 2 ill just shift rather quickly while removing my foot from the gas for that split second and have a lil more peace of mind. some cars have better built drivetrains than others...the focus mtx75 isnt going to hold up to that kind of abuse at the dragstrip for very long. have i power shifted. yes i sure as shit have... have i blown trannys doin it.. ya damn right i have.. will i do it again...highly doubt it... cant afford 2600$ to keep replacing the transmission everytime i make a bad decision to drive like that.
MODS: svt header kit, RT 2.5" cat, FS flex, 2.5" trubendz Borla, FR wires, SCT chip, AEM short ram, spec stg 3, vf dogbone, h&r springs, brembo x-drilled and slotted rotors, hawk hp+ pads, oh and shes on a diet...
117hp 134tq - dynapack dyno www.synapsemotorsport.com
15.567 @ 86.51 Lebanon Valley Dragway