Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 3 Fanatics at the Autocross...
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This ACR driver has been racing for about 1.5 years, but he still has a rough time with the whole "finesse" idea and keeps trying to puch through everything with horsepower. When it's driven by one of our most senior drivers, then the thing friggin flies!

8 years race experience + over 250WHP + adjustable dampers 'n other assorted mods = darn quick

I made up a fairly tight and technical course for this one though, so I might still have beat him even if Dan had been in the car. As public as it was (pretty close to moderately trafficed access roads and an active parking lot), we kept it tight and technical on purpose. Don't want some rookie driving straight into Sears at 70mph...

Oh, but check this out. Some idiot got mad that we were using the parking lot, and so he jumped a curb and drove through the course, while there was a car on course!. What an A-hole! The road he was on was perfectly open, there was more than enough mall parking, but he decided that he wasn't gonna let some hot-rod punks tell HIM where he was going to park his Explorer...
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...