Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - clear corners 05 (small write up too with pics)
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
zx360
Sticker Whore

Fan#: 32439
What I Drive: 2005 black zx3 ses

Points 16,816, Level 82
Points: 16,816, Level: 82 Points: 16,816, Level: 82 Points: 16,816, Level: 82
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 44 zx360 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (33)
clear corners 05 (small write up too with pics)

k so i took order on my clear corners and it came in like 2 weeks later...

here is a before and after shots... took about 2 hours, but i did also clean my messy rims in there....

b4

after

ok so i started out with the passenger side cuz i figured it would be easier....

~started out jacked the car up and took the wheel off
~then took all the screws out of the wheel well cover
~ got me to this point

~ unscrewed the little nut things that were holding it in and unclipped it

~ from there unhook the light, replace the bulb and put the new lense in and reverse everything you just did... grab a drink... (in my case a coke and relax for a second...)

OR clean your rim like i did
it needed it from this winter... (any advice to get it really clean? i got the big stuff but still some dingyness)

now to the other side... a bit more pics here...

~ again jack it up and take the wheel off
~ take the screws out

the one that had me tricked... couldnt find it... its the empty hole not the other...
~ yank the thing on outa there.... carefully

~ CRAM your hand in there... i dont have small hands and i made it work...just takes a bit of working on it... and for the other end i used a sawed off 13mm to get at it... made easy work of it...

~ if you unhook the light and kinda cram it upward you have about another inch or so of access to the nut...

~ un clip it and pop it on outa there...

~ replace... CAREFULLY i broke the freakin clip that holds it in cuz its a tight fit and i tapped it and it cracked off so i had to really make sure the nuts on the back were tight to hold her in place...

~ put it all back together and your done...

end result, after 2 hours, clear corners, clean rims, and a shorty antenna....

comments welcomed... im looking at the color matched front grill and a DROP asap... thanks for takin a look

instagram @360DSGNS

Last edited by zx360; 06-10-2006 at 04:21 PM.