Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Driving Schools?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #9
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It's taken till the last few races to really put it into practice, but now my rear tires are sliding about 20%-30% of the time. There was a section at our last event where I was oversteering through 2 slalom cones, through a Chicago box, and the entire way around a carousel just enough and ended up with a time just 1 second off of a good driver in a Street Mod Evo 8 MR on R-Comps... and my front Azenis are worn to hell.

Unfortunately that happened on a fun run, when I stopped trying to be anal about the perfect line and went out there to have fun. Just running a few mph faster was enough to get me rotating right and drop a full second on a 30 second course.

You are going to be STUNNED at what you'll learn at Evo, man. I just wish I could afford to go again this year.
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...