Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 06 suspension
Thread: 06 suspension
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 04:29 AM   #1
Ripped_06_ST
Retired Focus Addict

Fan#: 18779
What I Drive: 2013 5.0

FF Reputation: 49 Ripped_06_ST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
06 suspension

ok I have a few questions that I REALLY need answered... so please help me out here!!!!

My first question is, some of you say that the 06 Focuses that were made in late 05 have the earlier suspension set-up and the ones that were made later in the year like December or later in 06 have the new set-up which they changed something little in the front springs where they taper more or something. My question is my car was built in 09/05 and my engine bay is from the 05 models because the power steering tank is near the firewall and not right in the front so does this mean I could have the older version of the suspension? I already have the pro-kit springs that were specially made for the 06 but I am thinking that they are the wrong ones because what if I have the older version of the suspension? Would the 06 springs fit the 05 suspension cause the ones I have seem to fit right... I hope.

My next question is I just ordered the dampers for my car through performancecenter.com I think it was, and when I looked up the dampers for the 06 the part number was 3588.840 and when I looked for the dampers for the 05 the part number was the same... so does this mean that dampers didn't change from the 05??? I already purchased them so I am not going to cancel the order cause if they are wrong I will sell them on here. The thing I DO NOT want to do is rip the suspension apart and come to find out that the dampers are wrong and WILL NOT fit cause I will be livid.

I know I kinda type a novel and everything but please help me here becasue I would really like to know whats up with these cars.

ST Crew #16
Think adoption before buying, give a needy animal a loving and caring home!