Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 1/4 mile times...SVTF with T/C
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 08:17 PM   #9
Bigstic03svt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 4442
What I Drive: 2003 red,svtf,loaded

FF Reputation: 1 Bigstic03svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thumbs down svt 1/4 times(Las Vegas strip)

A BUDDY AND I JUST PURCHASED 2003 SVTF'S, A YELLOW EURO EDITION AND A INFRA RED .BOTH ARE LOADED ALL THE UPGRADES. WE HAVE DONE A FEW MODS TO BOTH CARS
KINDA MAKING THEM A LITTLE DIFFERENT ALONG THE WAY. MIND BOTH CARS HAVE LESS THAN 5K MILES.
- MY BUDDIES HAS A FEW EARLY MODS LIKE THE, STEEDA SHORT RAM INTAKE (DONT WASTE YOUR $), 21/2" FLOWMASTER CATBACK. ABS BYPASS SWITCHES.
- MY CAR HAS SIMILIER MODS BUT HAVE, AEM CAI INSTEAD, VF ENGINE MOUNT,MAGNAFLOW 21/2"CATBACK, AND A RESCENT MOD, OFF-ROADPIPE.O;AND ABS SWITCH.
BOTH CARS WERE PRETTY CLOSE TO BEING NECK AND NECK STOCK,I USE TO PULL AWAY A TAD IN 3RD GEAR THOUGH.
WE BOTH RESCENTLY RAN THE CARS ON THE STRIP TO SEE WHAT THEY WERE CAPABLE OF.
AND WE WERE A LITTLE DISCURRAGED.
FIRST OFF THE ELEVATION HERE IS AROUND 2100FT ABOVE SEA. HEARD THAT THE CARS AVERAGE ABOUT 1/2 A SEC QUICKER AT LOWER ELEVATIONS. NEED SLICKS OR DRAG RADIALS FOR THOSE HARD LAUNCHES FROM THE LINE.I SEE ATLEAST A 1/2 -1 SEC LOSS OFF THE LINE DUE TO THE 1ST AND 2ND GEAR ONE LEGGERS.BOTH THESE TIME SLIPS ARE THE BEST OUT OF 6 RUNS, TRYING MANY DIFFERENT TIRE PRESSURES AND LAUNCHES WITH AND W/O THE ABS DISENGAGED. BEST TIMES WERE ACCOMPLISHED WITH TRACTION CONTROLS ON AND FRONT TIRES AT ABOUT 30PSI.
* MY TIME SLIP * BUDDIES SLIP
1/8 MILE @10.371 1/8@ 10.784
1/4 @16.034 1/4@ 17.019
WE BLAME MY BUDDIES CAR BEING SLOWER DUE TO THE STEEDA SHORT RAM INTAKE,I AT FIRST BLAMED HIM THINKING HE WAS A CRAPPY DRIVER BUT I EVEN TOOK THE CAR FOR ONE RUN AND SAW A MAJOR TOP END POWER LOSS AROUND 6- 7 THOUSAND RPMS. HE HAS SINCE REPLACED IT WITH A AEM CAI AND MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE(DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY).I HAVN'T RAN WITH THE ORP YET BUT I DO SEE A BIG POWER DIFFERENCE AT AROUND 4-5 THOUSAND RPMS,WE SHALL SEE NEXT TEST AND TUNE IS ON THE 13 OF THIS MONTH. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.
----------------------------------- ITS ONLY ANOTHER PAYMENT----------