Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Aussie Fords Coming?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 11:40 AM   #7
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by scorpio1118_2000
388hp is enough for me to scare the crap out of the whole family(the in-laws) and shut the magnum down!
seriously, the F6s are sweet too, with their turbo 6s, alittle less horsepower but they making over 400 ft/lbs of tq down low in the rpms. These things are beasts, plus if you want the convinece of a truck, you dont have to sacrific ride or handling b/c its basically the same car just with a flat bed. If ford brought those here, pontiac would rework the GTO, and possibly bring back the el camino to fight the pursits haha. Oh id defintly buy one as long as insurence was nice, which it would b/c its got four doors and is basically a family sedan.

Sadly, and this is honestly true, i know people say this alot with importing powerful fords but this would compete. You probably wont see these like the Gt etc come here, b/c they would definitly compete with the mustang. No one will buy the mustang etc die hard enthusiats, and as much as i love them if this was out i might not get one either. 4 doors, room to haul your family and other goodies, going to be low costing to insure(unlike the mustang) and itll still have enough power to tear up the streets. If these things came mustang sales would go down. Unless ford really did something with the stang and brought the power up to like 400 or something and had these between 300-350, then maybe it would hurt that much.

Last edited by DrkKnight614; 05-05-2006 at 11:47 AM.