AC service in Salt Lake City? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Regional Forums > Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Rocky Mountain Fanatics Serving the Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

Points 9,257, Level 64
Points: 9,257, Level: 64 Points: 9,257, Level: 64 Points: 9,257, Level: 64
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 60%
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%
FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
AC service in Salt Lake City?

My AC in my Foci is doing nothing... it will be on high max cold (and Max AC) and after 30 min of driving it is still hot as crap in my car. the amount of cold goes down the more air that blow through the vents. I think the condensor is not getting cold enough due to the refigerent, but I have checked the pressure and the pressure is good.

on low i have cold air but does not provide enough movement to actualy get the cabin cold at that level, but on 4 setting on AC the air may be only 10* lower then the out side temp. I think I may need a whole system flush and wanted to get some opinions on what is a good shop in the salt lake area (Draper / Sandy prefered) that any one here has had experiance with.

Thanks!

Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Lets get twisted

Fan#: 60594
What I Drive: '05 Jeep WK

FF Reputation: 7 x FoCuSfReAk x Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I don't know of a specific good shop to use but I can say this: do NOT go to Tunex. A friend of mine used them and he continued to have AC problems for about 4 or 5 months before he totaled his car. And he went back multiple times and they couldn't get it right. I trust the guys at Firestone in Draper but because they are a mainstream shop they may cost more. I've been to them a ton for both of my cars and have always had a good experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
lol I bet that was a kick in the ego pants.....
Old 07-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46982
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX3

Points 3,798, Level 38
Points: 3,798, Level: 38 Points: 3,798, Level: 38 Points: 3,798, Level: 38
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 jeff434 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
is the compressor coming on? you should hear it click on when you hit the a/c button. you could have a small leak and be low enough on refrigerant to trip the low pressure sensor and lock out the compressor. it would be worth it to go grab a can of r134a with the charge hose and squirt a little in the system and see if it makes a difference.
Last of the hatches #43
Team Duratec #666
Midwest Crew #24
Steeda SRI(winter), K&N FiPk(summer) Steeda STS, Trubendz 2.5'' SS w/ Magnaflow, Toms tune
Old 07-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

Points 9,257, Level 64
Points: 9,257, Level: 64 Points: 9,257, Level: 64 Points: 9,257, Level: 64
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 60%
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%
FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I get cold, and the engine drops in idle as the second fan comes on along with the compressor. I have not check the pressure this year but last year it was starting to have this problem but the pressure was fine then... I need to have my tires rotated and balanced on Saturday so while it is at the shop I will have them check the pressure... I have been meaning to get a professional set that will measure both high and low line (have a Jeep that is having problems also) but thats $60 i don't have to spend on a piece of equipment I can then do nothing about. I find AC the most frustrating part, the average or even crazy gear head cant work on the AC system if its charged... or shouldn't at least ....
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 08-02-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 41771
What I Drive: 05 White ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 zeyeon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x FoCuSfReAk x View Post
I don't know of a specific good shop to use but I can say this: do NOT go to Tunex. A friend of mine used them and he continued to have AC problems for about 4 or 5 months before he totaled his car. And he went back multiple times and they couldn't get it right. I trust the guys at Firestone in Draper but because they are a mainstream shop they may cost more. I've been to them a ton for both of my cars and have always had a good experience.
Ill co-sign the firestone in draper. They fixed a radiator problem I had that 3 seperate shops in florida failed to. I go to them for everything an I've never had an issue with any of their work.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.