Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Spec Focus Series

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Carrera26 
#1 ·
It’s official. The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Spec Focus Series is here. After 18 months of work, testing, and going back-an-forth on the rules, they are finally finished and ready for release. I had submitted my drafted version of the rules to NASA on December 20th following our last test at Phoenix International Raceway and then NASA made their changes and now we have the finished product. We had 18 different versions of the rules before we came up with the final version that was okay by NASA, Ford Racing, Leo and myself. The Spec Focus rule only are specifically for the SF, All NASA series must follow the Club Codes and Regulations (CCR) as well.

I will be the National Director of the Series, and will over see all regions and work with the regions in the West. Leo Capaldi will be the Eastern Director and will work with regions in the East. If you have any question on the rules, go ahead ask Leo or myself. If you plan on building a car; all car numbers must be reserved through me. Right now only #32, #68 and #72 have been taken. My job (even though it’s on going) with the rules are done, for now. I must move into the Marketing and PR part of being the director….and of course running the series as a whole.

I personally want to thank everyone who has help to get the series started. There were a lot of people that helped out. But, it goes without saying that people like, Leo Capaldi, Ricardo Vega, Andrew Gillis, Charles Fabros, Andy Slankard, John Lindsey, Ryan Flaherty, Thomas Okihisa, Gary Kole, The people from Ford Racing Performance Products, Gillis Motorsports, LC Racing, Toyo Tire, Multimatic and F2 Motorsports this series would not have gotten off the ground.

At this point we’ll have to see how many cars will be made in the next few months. I do know I’ll have my car out at the Willow Springs Event on February 11th and 12th for a Non-Points race, and I’m sure Leo will have his car ready in the Mid-West Region. Also, there will be an Article in the next issue of Focus Fanatic about the Spec Focus Series and the event that took place at PIR. I’m also working on other magazines, newspapers and TV programs as well. Last November the Spec Focus was feature at the Motor Press Guide http://www.motorpressguild.org at Willow Springs, and many writers from Motor Trend, Road & Track, Car and Driver, Motorsport, and other got to drive our test car around at the Street of Willow and were very impressed how easy the race car was to drive, and love the idea of a Spec Focus Series. NASA was very pleased to hear that, which will make the Focus a great intro level racing series.

In the near future the Series Sponsors will be announced once we get each package signed and ready for release. The Series will also be released on the NASA website www.nasaproracing.com sometime today. Some of the sponsors we have lined up are Ford Racing Performance Products, F2 Focus, Toyo Tires and others.

I have setup a temporary site for the rules until they are posted on the NASA website. If you have any questions about the rules, please feel free to email me at ted@nasa-tt.com.

Spec Focus Rules (1/16/05) http://socal.nasa-tt.com/specfocusrules

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a great, low cost series! Now if only NASA would make it's way into the midwest so that we could share in the fun...[:(]

Seems to me that a 2.3 Duratec base model ZX3 would be the best basis. Shouldn't be TERRIBLY difficult to find a shell, especially after the hurricanes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.