Focus Fanatics Forum banner

****ing SpeedTV and WRC??

4K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  FSP Focus ZX3 
#1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that Speed TV has nothing listed for WRC this up coming weekend!!!!! Word is there is going to be no WRC coverage this year!!!!!!! WTF!!! The SpeedTV message boards are getting hammered by fans right now. I won't know what to do Sunday nights now[:(] . Anyone else hear anything about this?

#5 ·
HOLY SHIT!!!!

Are you ******g serious???? i watch Speed for the sole reason that they cover WRC, if they stop showing WRC i'm going to stop watching speed all togteher, this is a ******g disapointment

#6 ·
But then they couldn't have the special 12 part series on what sort of bagels NASCAR drivers prefer if they actually had to run your silly rally races...[rolleyes]

#12 ·
I saw that just this weekend that there were no listings. I didn't think much of it, but I certainly hope they did not cancel showing it here. It would pretty dumb, especially if they're considering bringing the WRC to the states. Is there any word on that by the way?

I hope we don't have to find a way to download British TV coverage just to watch the WRC this year. It is definitely going to be an interesting year with the manufacturer drop-outs, driver changes, and new FIA regulations. It might be time to move out of the country...

#14 ·
this is a HUGE dissapointment! i checked just now so that i could set up the VCR, but no, they don't even list the WRC in their racing series. with any luck they'll pick the series up at the last minute. i wouldn't want to miss out on Gronholm kicking ass and maybe actually smiling for once...

#16 ·
I guess now I'm not so disappointed that they left analog C-Band.
Ever since Fox bought them out, the programming has gone to crap.
And, I'm a NASCAR fan, but not 24/7/365 worth. [?|]

#19 ·
this is lame one more reason for me not to like nascar and is strong hold on the motorsports inept in this country all the motorsports that i'm a fan off get bad coverage in the states moto gp isnt getting the coverage it should either but at least it's not cut completely like WRC

#20 ·
Relax guys, we will (I think) see everything that there is to see on SpeedTV in Motorsports Mundial. I think they just wanted to restructure it so that they wouldn't have a random show once a month, and thus create an opening out of nowhere. Look for the Motorsport Mundial listings and you'll probably find rally.

#22 ·
^^^^A F****kn men, real men roll their cars over and keep on driving 3 or 4 wheels still atached[hihi] nascar doesn't even run in the rain[limp] to think I liked nascar so much b4 I found WRC!!!!

#24 ·
^
Speedtv forums are full of pissed off people. There are a lot of rumours floating around, but it seems the problem is with the FIA. If you do some looking around, there are no FIA races scheduled on Speed. No F1, WRC, WTCC, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if the FIA is the problem, but in reality it's probably a combination of FIA and Speed...

#26 ·
I remember the announcers saying that Speed TV was going to cover all of the races, real time, except for two. Probably USGP and Monaco, as usual. But Bob Varsha, who seems like a trustworthy announcer, clearly said that they would be presenting F1 this up and coming year.

Doesn't Prodrive run the WRC now, not necessarily the FIA?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.