Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21wins 3 losses 1 tie

4K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  GMISVTFocus 
#1 ·
Won another race in the focus today. Some dick in a Volvo S60 2.4t AWD tried to cut me off but i sped up so he had to get behind me to make the same left hand turn - i made the turn fast in 3rd gear downshifted to 2nd then the race was on - I heard his engine running hard as he downshifted to pass me - I slamed it into to 3rd chirping the tires ahead of him by 2.5 cars - we blasted through the yellow light - i caught a lil air from the back - then a sharp right was comin' i was on the inside while he continued to gun it slightly ahead of me - I downshifted to second pulled the e-brake up a lil sliding through the turn crisply and passing him again by 1-2 cars just before we went r separate ways to alternate highways. Hope u like my story.
ZX3 1 S60 better luck next time[;)]

#15 ·
When you learn to slide the car without using the e-brake, I might consider being impressed.

You should try an open tracking event...it provides a nice opportunity to drive your car at the limit without all the risks of driving like that on the street. [;)]

#18 ·
Hmm, I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but the S60 is a tough opponent. I work at a Volvo dealer, and get the opportunity to drive S60's frequently. Beautiful car, and quite fast. The 2002 I BELIEVE, had 208 hp, since it is turbocharged. I know the 2003's had 208. However, the 2003's are also 2.5 litre. I dunno about the whole downshifting thing though. All the AWD's excluding the 2004 S60R are automatics (you would know if you were up against and R). However, the autos are gear-tronic. Basically an "auto stick" if you will. But in my opinion, they are kinda sloppy. If it was a non-turbo, you'd have a better chance. They are fairly weak, but can also pack a punch. They are rated at 168 hp. If it's a T5, not likely since the 2002 T5 was not AWD, you would have been shot down no matter what your speed. The reason why I am saying 2002, is because of the engine size, however it could have been an 01. That was the first year. Hmm. If you did win, congratulations. That would definetly be something I'd brag about at my dealership. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.