Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Rallys in texas?

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  FocusZTSRS 
#1 ·
dose any one know of any rally races in the texas area? i would like to go to one and at some point compeat.. probably like JWRC or something like that...

#10 ·
Texas Region, SCCA will put on six rallies this year in the DFW area. See www.texasscca.org/rallytime. To see the National schedule go to scca.com/rally.

If you mean rallycross, SCCA does those too, just not in the Texas Region (DFW area).

If you mean stage rallies, we don't do those any more. I used to put on one of the SCCA National PRO rallies, called Big Bend Bash, held on Carroll Shelby's Terlingua ranch.

Now I put on what SCCA calls "GTA" rallies, for "Games, Tours, Adventures." What many call gimmick rallies. But you need to be a skilled rallyist to win, not a leadfoot. The next one is on August 25. Preregister at www.tinyurl.com/DMR12msr2 . Good family fun. If you are wanting to get into stage rallying, you need good communication between driver and codriver. You can practice that in a gimmick rally, in any street legal car.

#4 ·
SCCA has not sanctioned stage rallies for a number of years now. They handle only rallycrosses (that's what that website is for). There's a BIG difference between the two. For stage rallies (high speeds on closed public roads...with the likes of Pastrana, Block, Mira, Foust, etc.) you need to go to RallyAmerica's web site. And yes there is a regional stage race in Texas usually held over thanksgiving weekend. It used to be held near Paris but it has since moved in location.

#5 ·
yeah they used to have like rally de paris, now supposedly they are actually trying to make 2 events in that area.

#6 ·
ok cool. yea i was trying to get info off SCCA and was getting no place fast.. are the ones in texas off road or on? my car is more set up for the road. i was also wondering what class i would be in and what i would be racing.

nick where the hell have you been.. haven't seen you on for some time now.

#8 ·
If your car doesn't have a "Log Book" yet you need to get things going in that direction quickly. All cars must be fully inspected for total compliance with Rally of America rules BEFORE it can appear at any race. You need to contact Rally of America to find an approved scrutineer/inspector in your area. A good scrutineer will go over every sqare inch of the car. Safety will be the name of the game. He will be looking for a road worthy car that complies 100% with the rules. He will focus primarily on safety related issues including cage design, materials, and fabrication, seats and their installation, proper harnesses and installation, fire protection, fuel storage protection, tow hooks and all required safety equipment including but not limited to a proper first aid kit, spill kit, emergency triangles, etc. Waivers are rarely if ever granted. A waiver is usually only given for a non-safety related item and a compliance date will be entered in the log book. Personal safety equipment, race suit, helmet, Han's devise, etc. will be inspected at the rally for up to date certifications along with required proof of auto insurance etc. So make sure your policy meets their minimum coverge requirements before the rally. Don't leave any of the items in the rules un-met and get the race organizers list of entry requirements well before the race otherwise you may make a long trip for nothing.

The rally america rules are available on their web site. Read them beginning to end. By reading the rules you'll determine yourself what class you will be in.

#7 ·
^its liek a tarmac/gravel i believe.

you are going to have to meet a bunch of requirements as it is sanctioned by RoA.
you cant be afraid to wreck your car either or else you will be slow or wreck your car haha
you have to think that shit will get broken in the rally, suspension, crsh body panels, something unless you are just flawless or slow haha

havent been on in awhile, been more researching for some plans.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.