Focus Fanatics Forum banner

cage

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  mlbbaseball 
#1 ·
so does anyone make a SCCA or RA approved cage other than LCR? autopower definitely don't count.

#2 ·
I know people that can make custom ones, are you looking into some near the D here, or up in Houghton? There is a guy that works at the Ford dealership in Lake Orion here that builds custom, you just have to bring him the specs. He gives you a price, you can take it to get inspected, if it doesn't pass, he'll change it until it does. It sounds like he's built a lot of short-track and drag cars. He lives in Imlay City. Let me know if you're interested. I'm going to be running some rally crosses next year in my SVT, then once I buy a truck, I plan to convert it to a full rally car, LSPR Group 2...

#3 ·
yup, u'll be racing w/ me next year then!! lol, my car WILL be done by next year!!! for sure!!!! but ya, can you talk to him for me?? i don't mind doing it in detroit, Lake orion isn't too far for me, but if i can find one up here, then i'm doing it up here!!

o, btw, i would run the SVT in Production!! you make enough power adn you stand a very good chance of winning in prod. if i had an SVT, i would start out in Prod also!!

#4 ·
I doubt I'll have it done by next year's rally, probably 2 years out. Look for me up there tho, I'll be rolling around with Rally Armor mud flaps on the car.

Do you know if you can run a hydraulic hand brake in Production Class? It looks like with the multipliers my car would barely squeak through on production class.

#5 ·
yes, you can run a handbrake in production class. just nothing can be done for altering the powertrain, other than like a K&N filter. and you can adjust gearing and the clutch to like a rally clutch. obvikously they don't want people blowing out their clutches cause they suck stock. but other than powertrain, and drivetrain, ur pretty much open to do whatever mods you want!

o, wait, this is my 5001 post!! yipee me!! lol

#6 ·
Nice, haha, I'll talk to that guy from Imlay City about the roll-cages for you, and see if I can get some additional information. Do you think anyone would notice if I ran a Torsen in my car?

#7 ·
no, you are allowed to w/o an issue. its only powertrain that they really worry about, and you have to keep the stock drivetrain, but you can modify it. IE, you would have to use ur getrag w/ a gated transmission, IE, no sequential gear boxes or tranny swaps in production, but you can modify final drives, gear ratios, differentials, clutches, needs to be an oem flywheel WEIGHT cause some clutches require modified flywheels. but you get where i'm going w/ this. only ur power output cannot be changed.

So are u comming up to LSPR this year to watch?

#8 ·
I'll be there, we're heading up Wednesday night, and then we're going to bar Thursday in Houghton, we're crashing at the Travelodge. I can't wait to take the SVTF Brockway and some of those roads up there, you have it nice!

#9 ·
accept, you can't go up brockway from thurs-sat!!! lol, at least, to my understanding thats what it is!! they don't want anyone on the rally staged areas!! i might crash w/ you guys at the travel lodge for a couple of hours cause they have a nice hot tube/sauna/pool!!

#10 ·
You can run up the east end, (We always do then eat lunch up there, usually grilling.) Then wait for the leaders to come thru, and fly back down the east end. Once the stage is clear, they open it back up and you can run it. 26 running up around from Eagle River North/East is pretty fun too. Hit me up if you want to swing by the Travelodge, we have 5 official people coming on the trip from East Lansing up. I'l PM you my Cell#...

#11 ·
ur obviously really limited on ur choices of rally fabricators living in michigan. u can always buy a already made cage fitted for the focus with fia homologation papers from custom cages in the uk. www.customcages.uk there are plenty of people that do that. they make excellent wrc cages. very entricate. you just need someone with good welding skills to install it in ur car. made of t45. they come with all the gussets and good bits needed. they probably run 1500-1800 or a dash more for the kit and then add the labor. versus the 6-10 grand for a really descent cage. labor is still going to be rediculous. but it will be less because they dont have to measure or bend the tube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.