Focus Fanatics Forum banner

rally cats

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  mlbbaseball 
#1 ·
so, i know to have a "legal" rally car, you need to have it street legal, and i know that there are rally cats out there. i know that they don't pass emmissions, as it is basically really close to a straight pipe. my question is, if the rally car is street legal, then the rally cats have to be street legal, and if thats the case, where do i get one?? I want to get one cause i don't want to get pulled over w/o a Cat.

#2 ·
Get any cat and gut it or something of the sort. Idk about your parts but my ex police officer teacher told me that yes you have to have a cat, but they dont care if it is not working.

#4 ·
hum... have you checked davenport racing? I think they sell some rally cats, but I don't knoe about the legal-ness issue. I'll dig up some info right now...

#5 ·
Yep, they still have them... About $150 depending on the size you want it. It says it complies with NASA specs but it doesn't say anything about legal issues. You could contact and ask them about it.

#8 ·
^^^ that's right. Did you call already? I doubt the are street legal but I'm curious...

#9 ·
no, havent' had time yet, but i will call b4 the end of the week!! I got the feeling they are street legal cause rally cars have to be street legal, at least for the most part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.