Focus Fanatics Forum banner

roll cage

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mlbbaseball 
#1 ·
so I've been posting on the zetec forums about who makes a good solid weld in cage for the focus, and so far, absolutely nothing!! Then it came to me, I am prolly posting in the wrong section, so I am trying here!! Can anyone tell me where they got there cage, how much they paid, and can you post some pics??? I want to enter the lake superior rally this fall (I go to MTU) up in Houghton. Got alot of the goodies I need, but just don't have my roll cage yet. I've been talking to s&w race cars, but it has been sparatic at best. I could go w/ autopower, but they seem a bit expensive, though i will go w/ them if I have to, and steeda is a joke, so can anyone help me???

Thanks,
mlbbaseball

#2 ·
I think autopower is the only off the self weld in cage, most guys are having them custom Fabricated.

#3 ·
+2 for the custom fabrication.

You can buy the pre-fitted brands, but they never seem to go in right and just don't look all that robust.

If you have a car that NEEDS a cage, then don't go on the cheap.

In my experience, a good custom fabrication cage (full) will run you $2000 - $3000 depending on how you want it done and where you want it routed.

You are in MI, so I am not sure if you can have it done less expensive.

Here in the DC area, Mitch Piper is the recognized cage guru for road racers.

http://www.pipermotorsports.com

Here are pictures of the cage work he did for our race team.

#4 ·
Capaldi racing is up the street from you in Romeo, MI. My cage was $2,500 but it is really high quality. I think my focus was the 7th one they did, plus they have a herd of mustangs.

I would skip the autopower - they meet the minimum standard and don't fit well.

#5 ·
ya, I really didn't want to go w/ autopower at all!!! I want to do the LSPR rally this year up at Houghton, which works well cause I go to Michigan Tech, So I would actually need one!!! I am not currently in the detroit area, although, I wouldn't mind going through capaldi racing, I may have to take a trip back home to get it done!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.