Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Race VS a z06

6K views 51 replies 28 participants last post by  0103VENOM 
#1 ·
I got a 2002 SVTF with CAI. One evening my buddy and I were out racing people in the area where I live and there is some awesome roads to drag where its 55 with lots of turn offs just in case you need to run from a cop. Anyway my buddy and I were driving perpendicular to the 55 mile per hour strech where there is an awsome banked turn, while we are driving we see a 2003 Corvette z06. He saw us too and started going right behind us. My buddy has a couple race cars that he races on the track with his dad so he is a pretty good driver. Anyway the vet wanted a piece of the focus, so my friend dropped it into second and took off toward the turn that supposably you have to take at 20mph, we went 65 around it in second red lining it the whole time (ouch for my car, i bitched his ass out really bad!!!!). By the time we came out of the turn we were soooo gone from the vet that he couldn't even catch up, he gave up after flooring it for awhile and made a u-turn on the next stoplight. Anyway he got spanked around the turn so bad, my friend and I could not believe it. We just couldnt imagine the look on the guy's face who is driving pretty much the fastest production car out right now. Anyway it ended up that the guy who got spanked was a friend of a friend, and we heard that he was really embarrased, i know i would be. Anyway i was really proud of my SVTF, go focus!!!!

#5 ·
I know he was racing because he told us to go for it. I dont care how fast it is, it just cant hang with the little focus around turns like that.

Believe it or not :)

I will see if i can get him to race the focus again around that turn and tape it :)

#8 ·
CowsGoMoo said:
He probably wasn't racing, probably just driving normal in comparison to the svt, sry. The z06 is by far the best bang for the buck performance out of the box and is a monster compared the the focus, even an svt.
eh, i think the Cobra owns it, nut thats cus im a modder at heart[}:)]

#10 ·
The cobra sorta owns it. But no, it does not. The z06 is not only fast out of the box, but as in this certain case, it has the agility to take turns well too. Corvettes are made pretty much all of abs plastic and weigh less than 3200 lbs. Finely tuned powerband and a very sophisticasted suspension. The cobra is about 10k less, but you're getting a bit less power (slightly, also it's not N/A either) and it's suspension is very week in comparison to a Fully IRS and the cobra weights about 500 lbs more too. The only other car that could be in this class would be one of the Bimmer M3's, but those cost even more than the z06.

#13 ·
izmas said:
I know he was racing because he told us to go for it. I dont care how fast it is, it just cant hang with the little focus around turns like that.

Believe it or not :)
um. not for me. maybe you should meet up with the same car at thunderhill.
i'm pretty sure driver equal the zo6 will dominate. not to speak any less of an svt... you are talking apples and oranges here.

i may be wrong. das jus me

#22 ·
el_pio said:

the z06 would eat a focus not matter what focus is (well maybe not the rally one)

in conners and on straight lines
Yeah the rally car would take the Z06 and a V8 or really tuned Focus (alot of turbo power) might but thats about it

0-60 mph: 4.0 sec
0-100 mph: 9.5 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.5 sec @ 115 mph
Skidpad: .99g (thats almost as good as the RS)
Top Speed: 171 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 104 ft
Slalom Speed: 70.3 mph

My brother says he gets people like this on his bike all the time they try to race him he lets them go there hardest. takes off normally and still kicks there ass shifting half way through the powerband lol

#23 ·
there is now ay this story is true, the guy wasnt racing or a scared ass driver to take the turn. the car is more than capable. my uncle has a regular corvette, auto,,,and i have driven it and spanked cars all day long,,,so a z06,,,,,no way!!!!!!!!

#24 ·
You guys are saying like we were racing on the track. Obviously if you dont know the turn well, you are not capable of taking it at the max speed. We used to take that turn every day fast coming back from work, I wasnt saying that a good driver wouldnt be able to take it as fast as a focus. I said that parcticular driver could not do it, and that was what was funny.

#25 ·
ok...
MAYBE he dindt have what it take to take a 65mph exit....

but you say

By the time we came out of the turn we were soooo gone from the vet that he couldn't even catch up, he gave up after flooring it for awhile and made a u-turn on the next stoplight.
a corvette will catch a focus in matter of seconds after the turn if he was really racing...
maybe he wasnt even trying hard enough

#26 ·
Read those stats I put up on the Z06 those are the real stats if he had wanted to beat you he could've handed your ass to you in the snap of his fingers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.