Focus Fanatics Forum banner

focus challenge, summit point, 9/29

5K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  WeeAsp 
#1 · (Edited)
http://redlinetimeattack.com/index-6Summit07.htm

Who's in? It's $175 and includes a transmitter. There is a handicap system so a completely stock zx3 can be just as competitive as John's 400hp monster. I did the event 2 years ago at beaverun and it was a total blast.

#8 ·
Look forward to seeing you again.

If you think AX was cool... This is really good stuff.

#9 ·
Registered today.

Also, I found out that they are NOT running the pit-wall straight.

That is good news as it has a tendency to chew cars and drivers.

#11 ·
^^ I have two...

If that's all that is holding you back, you can borrow my spare.

Also, you can rent helmets at the track. $15 per day.

#14 ·
I can get to the main page, but I am having a real "dummy" kind of a day.

Where is the handicap calculator?

#16 ·
It is sort of difficult. Basically you have to login first. Then "challenge" will appear on the nav bar. You may have to e-mail Nik your mods and he'll punch it in for you.

On Saturday, you get the transponder for the whole day. They are trying to get enough cars to have a "challenge" session only. 2 years ago we just took the fastest time from any of the sessions. I actually only ran one session because I thought my transmission was toast but it turned to just be a leaky seal.

#20 ·
[scratch] i find it strange that i can't use my helmet that i use riding a GSX-R 600 that's more dangerous and MUCH faster than my car but its not good enough to wear racing my slow car at a road course? [confused] [}:)]

#21 ·
The issue isn't one of impact resistance, but rather providing the driver enough protection to get out of a car in the case of fire.

SA helmets are lined with Nomex, fire retardant material, whereas motorcycle helmets are not.

Some clubs allow M rated helmets to be used given that drivers are only wearing long pants and long sleeve cotton shirts as opposed to full driving suits.

Personally, I think it is a bit overkill, but at the same time I see its purpose.

#25 ·
As I understand it from Nik and from Chris, ride-alongs are permitted in instructor cars ONLY.

I am instructing at this event and would be happy to take people along if time/students permit.

My first obligation is to the student(s) I get assigned.

However, it has been my experience that there is usually time for people to hitch a ride.

#27 ·
I will before this weekend.

I committed to instruct, but then ran into issues with the house and changing jobs.

I will be there though.

Also, if anyone needs to do mechanical prep, repair or otherwise, we have a fully equipped garage if anyone needs to do anything to get ready.

Full set of tools, air tools, etc...

So, let me know if you need support and we can help.

#29 ·
I soooo wish I could go to this, but my clutch is on it's last leg after the last autocross, I boost, it slips. You guys have fun now, and see if you can get some pictures. [thumb]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.