Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   :STREET: dont know how to tittle this "am i fast?" (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97276)

mustanggtandgsxr 09-07-2006 09:38 PM

dont know how to tittle this "am i fast?"

i was on my way home from work and a kid in a 03 mustang mach 1 at the light reving and acting like a bad ass. i open my door pop the trunk and open my bottle. the light turns green and i pull up next to him. at firs i started to rev my engine and toying with him. he acted like he didnt want to race and then he punched it and i did too. we were already in 2 i punched it and shifted to 3rd and activated the spray and i pull on him for like a sec and he stays right behind my door until the end of 4th. he lets off and at the next light i ask if he was all stock. he said "yes but all i have is the sct chip and nice ride". i say thank you and go on my way. im thinking to my self i did not just raced a mach 1 and was in front the whole time. my question is did it really happen or was he not on it all the way? im not doubting my car but i really dont think is faster than he is. im spraying 75 nx kit, orp, all the free mods and k&n dropin with the silencer off. what do you think.

WD40 09-07-2006 09:40 PM

Moved to "Racing, Rally & Autocross"...updated thread title.

In the future, as far as street racing threads go, please make sure you abide by the rules:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...threadid=59274

No, you didn't break any rules (other than the thread title).
Seeing you're a new member, I thought it prudent to give you fair warning. [;)]

tdkaye1 09-07-2006 10:16 PM

NOS ftw? Not impressive IMO.

bigjordan 09-07-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tdkaye1
NOS ftw? Not impressive IMO.
whered you get NOS from?? i read nitrous xpress.

(sorry, bit of a pet peeve of mine. i wish that bloody movie hadnt popularized the term "NOS")

tdkaye1 09-07-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bigjordan
whered you get NOS from?? i read nitrous xpress.

(sorry, bit of a pet peeve of mine. i wish that bloody movie hadnt popularized the term "NOS")

I'm too lazy to type it out, but Nitrous Oxide. Same thing as NX, different company/manufacturer/etc whatever. Still N2O regardless. What's stupid is that NOS (F&F) has since become a damn sports drink. WTFF!?

[???:)]

SVT_BMXer 09-07-2006 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tdkaye1
I'm too lazy to type it out, but Nitrous Oxide. Same thing as NX, different company/manufacturer/etc whatever. Still N2O regardless. What's stupid is that NOS (F&F) has since become a damn sports drink. WTFF!?

[???:)]

hey that stuff is kinda good....oh god, did i just say that [paranoid]

CAIS95 09-07-2006 11:00 PM

since this thread was hijacked [neener]

i wouldnt doubt an svt with a 75 shot would have a chance for about a gear or so. but if he knew how to drive, you would have to have a lot more than a shot. maybe a turbo and shot. but the reality is that it doesnt matter how fast your car is if you cant drive it. so congrats. i would be proud to say that you can take a car with half the power thats worth half the money or your opponent, and pull off a win. [nutkick]

PRTurboZX3 09-07-2006 11:26 PM

Do you know how much HP you getting with NX?

I race a Mach 1 and I was set to 10PSI and I murder it on 2nd gear and Iím not an SVT... just a plain ZX3 Turbo with 240HP to the wheels when running 15PSI... at 10PSI don't have a clue maybe 200hp or 210hp is a guess. So an SVT with 75Shot don't doubt that you should take him.

& congrats on the Win![thumb]

focinite 09-08-2006 12:31 AM

i have no problems pulling on a stang, or a bmw, or audi a6, or a 1.8 turbo vw or hanging with vetts( c5 and older) in corners. the best is smokin them hoot-dang boys in there primered t-top irocs

RickNC 09-08-2006 08:49 AM

Being a former mach 1 owner I would have to say the kid probably couldn't drive. You're a lot lighter but even with the juice I don't think you would win if cars had equal drivers. My mach ran a 13.4 stock. I expect somebody to get pissy over this post but I am a realist.