Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus-Power Tuning (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   More BS from fj (misinformation ) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96717)

1turbofocus 09-02-2006 08:00 PM

More BS from fj (misinformation )

A good customer posted his Dyno on fj (big mistake) one of the "knowitalls" stated and i quote "

(Posted by belacyrf)
"I'm sorry man, there is no way any point on this graph has more than 220 (even if I'm way off in interpreting HP and RPM ranges, I'd say no more than 230 ) ft/lbs of torque.
And again, there is NO WAY, Tom was able to get a HP reading and not a torque reading. They are taken off of the same source and are calculations. Dyno's dont use one frequency for torque and another for HP. Doesn't work that way."

First he states that (Posted by belacyrf) "there is no way any point on this graph has more than 220 " comes back with (Posted by belacyrf) "I'd say no more than 230 ) ft/lbs of torque" MAKE UP YOUR MIND !

This customers dyno made 235.5 TQ he was at the GTG today and all saw his TQ numbers once he got rid of the live wires and coil and went back to stock

My favorite part was (Posted by belacyrf ) "there is NO WAY, Tom was able to get a HP reading and not a torque reading" WHY ? The Dynojet needs NO tach reading to read HP its what makes the Dynojet what it is. The Dynojet needs NOTHING hooked to the Focus or any car to get a proper HP reading

The misinformation is everywhere be carefull ! Most people dont know so they take what is said as fact BE CAREFULL ! ! ! !

Tom

dannybohhy 09-02-2006 08:24 PM

Re: More BS from fj (misinformation )

Quote:

Originally posted by 1turbofocus
A good customer posted his Dyno on fj (big mistake) one of the "knowitalls" stated and i quote "

(Posted by belacyrf)
"I'm sorry man, there is no way any point on this graph has more than 220 (even if I'm way off in interpreting HP and RPM ranges, I'd say no more than 230 ) ft/lbs of torque.
And again, there is NO WAY, Tom was able to get a HP reading and not a torque reading. They are taken off of the same source and are calculations. Dyno's dont use one frequency for torque and another for HP. Doesn't work that way."

First he states that (Posted by belacyrf) "there is no way any point on this graph has more than 220 " comes back with (Posted by belacyrf) "I'd say no more than 230 ) ft/lbs of torque" MAKE UP YOUR MIND !

This customers dyno made 235.5 TQ he was at the GTG today and all saw his TQ numbers once he got rid of the live wires and coil and went back to stock

My favorite part was (Posted by belacyrf ) "there is NO WAY, Tom was able to get a HP reading and not a torque reading" WHY ? The Dynojet needs NO tach reading to read HP its what makes the Dynojet what it is. The Dynojet needs NOTHING hooked to the Focus or any car to get a proper HP reading

The misinformation is everywhere be carefull ! Most people dont know so they take what is said as fact BE CAREFULL ! ! ! !

Tom

doesn't matter where you go, there will always be some jack &*$ who likes to think he knows everything...

DaZeDFoCuS 09-02-2006 09:06 PM

well, that particular member is/used to be a member here on FF. Im not sure if he still is, but im interested to know what his response would be after being corrected on his "NO WAY IM WRONG" post. seems a lot of ppl think they know everything, and insist on spreading false knowledge. Now, if he truly believes hes right, then whatever.... maybe he said it after he got home from the bar...haha

if i think i know something that can help fellow forum members, i post... if i dont, i still post, but i give an opinion and let others give theirs and so forth. I dont insist that im right cuz i have a 99% assurance that i am....

Anyways, thats one reason why i like this forum better then FJ. Not AS MANY know-it-all smart asses [thumb]

b16sir1991 09-02-2006 09:20 PM

Yep, saw him make those #'s today and saw him selling the wires and coil. I dont really get what he was contradicting though about Kyles dyno?

Kyllgore 09-02-2006 09:30 PM

i checked out fj a while back and I prefer the forums here far better than their's

pinacup7 09-03-2006 09:29 AM

hah Tom don't worry about those guys. We all know who the best is.

1turbofocus 09-03-2006 10:19 AM

It isnt that im worried about them at all its that misinformation hurts everyone

Whats real funny about it all is there are people on there that know the misinformation is BS but there to scaired of getting banned to speak up

Tom

dannybohhy 09-03-2006 10:41 AM

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...0x1024copy.jpg[hihi]

b16sir1991 09-03-2006 12:34 PM

Im not worried about them, they can bite my ass. You can tell them i said that too, lol.

2004SVTAutoXer 09-03-2006 01:11 PM

just goes to show you how many people will accept mediocrity so they have a clique that will blindly stand up for them.