Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TRACK: Story Time (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92701)

gitar111 07-25-2006 01:05 PM

story time

so i was autocrossing this past sunday, in west virginia, for the first time. And after everything is done this kid comes by my car, kinda checking it out and making me feel kinda awkward, cause he's checking me/my car out. Then he goes to my buddy matt who is parked next to me in his 92 prelude, and does the same thing, and actually starts up a conversation. The conversation goes kinda like this.

awkward kid: hey i'm looking for the best drivers out here, i'm recruiting for my racing team, team skelter

Matt: alright, what kind of racing is it, autocross:

AK: no, street racing

Matt: Alright, i just do autox

AK: Well we dont do that stupid drag [:)][:)][:)][:)] this is strictly drifting

Matt: Alright, well i do autox

That wasn't the exact conversation but i summed it up for the most part. Afterwards we thought of all kinds of good things we should have said to this kid. Like, "sorry i'm already on team helter" Or "how bout talking to the old guy with the supercharged miata, he's on of the best drivers here".

This kid must have just got of of the movies seeing F&F2, and wanted to see real street drifting (since the style was just invented by this film). I then saw him go up to a few other people all around my age (18-25 years old) and he didn't talk to any of the seasoned veterans who were amazing drivers, i guess cause they were too old to be good drivers.

Just wanted to share this awkward story, enjoy.

b16sir1991 07-25-2006 01:17 PM

I would have played along with him, just to see what he was up too.

zal 07-26-2006 05:14 AM

jesus
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g idiot, asking an owner of a FWD team to drift? wtf?

dazada 07-26-2006 07:35 AM

Quote of the Year

From The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift

"It's called drifting."

gitar111 07-26-2006 08:34 AM

i now refer to all drifting as "tokyo drifting"

Carrera26 07-26-2006 08:56 AM

It's like the kid in the WRX we had come out.

Me & other veterans - "I saw you using your E-brake out there. Don't use your E-brake, because it's slow and unpredictable. If you take the right line you won't need a 180 degree spin"

WRX Kid - "No, I think that it could be faster. I just need to keep trying."

Riiiiight.

viney266 07-26-2006 09:31 AM

Well, you know us old people just don't know how to drive. There were no fast cars bulit before the civic hatch. Oh, and racing experience ??...its nothing compared to what I"ve learned in the theatres...watching movies.

bigjordan 07-26-2006 02:14 PM

hey!!! that kid was me........................................no, not really.

CrazyMatt 07-26-2006 02:30 PM

hahaahhaahaaha...

Team Helter!!!! hahaha.....

Scott_SVT 07-26-2006 10:24 PM

The Old and the Forgetful... Suburbia Safety Patrol

It's thirty years later, Paul Walker and Vin Deisel have teamed up again for the final edition of this infamous racing saga.

Inside their gated community in South Florida, a troubling group of young whipper-snappers have begun walking across lawns, driving above 10 mph, not coming to a complete stop for the speed bumps and other tom-foolery. Something MUST be done!

The community leaders call upon their esteemed neighbors, Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) and Dominic Toretto (Vin Deisel) to come to their aid. Using the very latest in technology, the two fifty-something year old men attempt to stop the hooligans by forming a neighborhood watch, utilizing their high powered ultra custom Lark Electric Scooters....

yep... us old guys need to be put out to pasture