Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   The Who's Who of Focus Autocrossers (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84775)

DirtyDeeds 05-09-2006 10:02 PM

The Who's Who of Focus Autocrossers

I started this thread to find out more about the folks on this forum who are competing in autocross. I know we have everyone from beginners to a few class champions.

I thought it would be cool to see just how many autocrossers we have and follow everyone's progress through the 2006 season. So tell us a bit about your car, what class and region you're running in and how your season is going. Feel free to come back to your post throughout the year and give us some updates.

I'll start this off...

Car: 03 Focus SVT
Mods: See sig.
Class: STS
Region: SCCA #7 Chicago

My first event was missed due to my oldest son putting the Focus into a ditch 2 days before. The car has been fixed and a few suspension pieces have been upgraded. Event #2 is this Sunday and will be my first time out with the Focus. (I've been running a Mustang the last couple of seasons).

focusedaddiction 05-09-2006 10:24 PM

car: 03 ZX3....slightly modded[}:)]
mods:see profile ( they're getting a little lengthy)
class: SM
region: scca montana region 105 ( Great falls)[driving]
first race of the season ( 4/9) i finished 2nd. in sm & wasn't too far from a pesky prelude SH!![whip] I WILL catch him one of these days b4 the season is over[;)] [hatchet] [rofl]
what better way to spend your weekend!!!

what do ya know , i caught him this weekend 5-29-06 1st. in sm. someone didn't have their R compounds this time out[;)] lol most everything felt smoother this weekend!

Klondike 05-09-2006 10:36 PM

car:Ford Focus LX(WITH SPI BITCHS[:P]
mods:sri+svt kit
class:sts

region:great lakes/Lake superior
first race 4.23, have no clue what place i came in , but my best time was 1:06 and fastest time was the EVO with 57 seconds, and i also was 1 second slower then the focus ST, and beat a v8 mustang by 1 sec[hihi]
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD TIMES i tell ya next one is sunday, not t sure if ima run, anyone know if its good to autoX on new tires, ill be getting mine tommorow and only have til sunday?!? let me know plz

WD40 05-10-2006 10:40 AM

Car: 04 SVT Focus
Mods: ITG-Pro Drop In air filter, VF Rear Mount, FRPP-STS.
(New tires and dampers coming soon)
Region: Montana Region 105 (Great Falls)
http://mtscca.com

2004 season:
1st in class / 10th overall in Region 105
2005 season:
1st in class / 4th overall in Region 105

Iggmasta 05-10-2006 11:44 AM

Car: 2000 ZX3
Mods: Listed in my sig, but wheels and tires coming soon
Region: Northwest haven't done SCCA yet but I have done local BSCC events

Carrera26 05-11-2006 09:22 AM

Car: 2002 SVT Focus
Mods: Now very worn Falken Azenis RT-615s, K&N drop in filter
Class: G Stock
Region: Des Moines Valley Region

2004 - 2nd in Class
2005 - Class Champion
2006 - Current points leader
2007 - Worldwide Domination bid
2007.5 - Realize I still can't beat the Minis and move to a different class

Egz 05-11-2006 10:20 AM

Car: 2003 ZX3 2.3l
Class: SM
Region: non-SCCA, VMSC club, Richmond, VA
Mods: Gaz coilovers, Progress rear sway bar, Prothane front control arm bushings, Hankook Ventus R-S2, CAI, BSD, Quaife, Steeda STS, rear motor mount, 2.5" Tru-bendz exhaust, 4-point rollbar, 6-point G-Force harnesses, rear disc conversion, Carbotech XP-8 pads for road courses (and once its assembled: Eagle rods, 11.6:1 pistons, Crane stage II cams, Crane valve springs, 3-angle valve job, Cosworth header, ported intake manifold, Spec flywheel, Clutch Masters clutch)

Oni 05-11-2006 10:43 AM

Car: 2003 Focus SVT
Mods: lighter OZ wheels on MXs, STS, VF Mount, and H&R 24mm Rear Sway bar
Region: Oklahoma City SCCA, North East Oklahoma SCCA, and PCA

I ran G stock last year for three events I believe. I moved into STS once the 2006 season started. So far I am in first place for season points, but I'm only there due to consistent attendance. I'm slowly trying to catch the first place driver. I've dropped the gap from about 2-3 seconds down to 1.5-2 seconds. I hope to take first out of consistency, but more importantly, I would like the honor of eventually beating the first place STS driver out of skill for one event (that would make me happier than getting first for the season).

STANG302 05-11-2006 02:02 PM

Car: 05 Focus ST
Mods: See sig.
Region: Running in local MAC (Minnesota Autosports Club) in the Twin City's area.

I've just started and am having a blast. I have completted a Novice class and have attended my first event last weekend. I ran in SI and placed 22/42. I am already signed up for the next event MOWOG #3 and am switching to STS. I'm hooked and hope I can do this for years to come!