Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Forced Induction (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   SVT JRSC BBK Belt Loose!!! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80069)

SVTBoy21 03-29-2006 10:36 PM

SVT JRSC BBK Belt Loose!!!

Okay, I just installed a JRSC on my SVT Focus and I put on a Ford BBK at the same time. I installed the belt that came with the BBK and it is really loose. I do have the newer SVT Alternator bracket so that isn't the problem. I also pushed the tensioner all the way up so it could adjust itself and there is still way too much slack. The part# for the belt is JK61060

Has anyone else had this problem? I did a bunch of searches and only found problems with the belt being to tight or just a little loose. Please help me, I really want to drive my newly boosted SVT!!!

Springbuck 03-29-2006 11:09 PM

PM me and I will send you a doc with all the routings and cable lengths and part numbers.

microtonal 03-30-2006 09:00 AM

Does the belt squeal at all ?

When you installed the belt, was it hard to get on or did it slip on real easy with a lot of slack ?

Have you double checked your belt routing just to make sure it is correct ?

If everything checks out, you might want to look into getting a 105" or 104.5" belt.

SVTBoy21 03-30-2006 09:59 AM

The belt went on really easy with a lot of slack. Yeah, I triple checked my belt routing and made sure the tensioner was working properly. Made sure I had the right alternator mount. The belt is soooo loose that I haven't even tried to start my car yet. Where the new Jackson Idler pulley is, it looks like the belt can reach the Belt Idler Pulley.

I am going to Checker Auto Parts today and getting a 100, 101, 102, and 103" belt (they said I can take back what doesn't fit). The belt I have is 105.7" and I can pull the belt down a couple inches. I'll let you guys know what fits.

Also, I purchased my SVT after someone else had it for 6 months and when I got it, it already had an ORP on it. Maybe the previous owner installed a UDP? From the routing diagram, the Crankshaft Pulley looks like it is larger than the rest of the pulley's, but the crankshaft pulley on my car is smaller than the A/C Compressor pulley. The Crankshaft Pulley on my car is a solid piece, the UDP's I've seen for the SVT have holes cut out in them, so I don't know.

P.S. Thanks for the help!

microtonal 03-30-2006 01:35 PM

It shouldn't be loose at all.

It took 2 people to install my belt because it was so damn tight.

SVTBoy21 03-31-2006 07:30 PM

Fixed the problem!!! I had a UDP and didn't even know it, lol. The person that had the car before me must have put it on. I kept wondering why my Crankshaft Pulley was smaller than the other pulley's, lol. Anyway, got a stock crankshaft from Ford and now the belt fits, very tight, you were right microtonal.

Springbuck 04-01-2006 01:10 AM

I also needed help to install my belt. It was very tight and just got on.

Rotaryrocket 02-10-2013 10:30 PM

Belt Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVTBoy21 (Post 986524)
The belt went on really easy with a lot of slack. Yeah, I triple checked my belt routing and made sure the tensioner was working properly. Made sure I had the right alternator mount. The belt is soooo loose that I haven't even tried to start my car yet. Where the new Jackson Idler pulley is, it looks like the belt can reach the Belt Idler Pulley.

I am going to Checker Auto Parts today and getting a 100, 101, 102, and 103" belt (they said I can take back what doesn't fit). The belt I have is 105.7" and I can pull the belt down a couple inches. I'll let you guys know what fits.

Also, I purchased my SVT after someone else had it for 6 months and when I got it, it already had an ORP on it. Maybe the previous owner installed a UDP? From the routing diagram, the Crankshaft Pulley looks like it is larger than the rest of the pulley's, but the crankshaft pulley on my car is smaller than the A/C Compressor pulley. The Crankshaft Pulley on my car is a solid piece, the UDP's I've seen for the SVT have holes cut out in them, so I don't know.

P.S. Thanks for the help!

I recently purchased the JRSC with BBK and I have the CFM underdrive pulley set, so I am looking for the proper length belt for installation..thanks for your help.

1turbofocus 02-11-2013 09:44 AM

You will need to remove the UDP and go back to stock , then the belt part # above will work

Tom

drunkyoda 02-11-2013 09:50 AM

hshahhahahahha Tom. you got trolled.

this thread is from 2006.