Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Marcy Motorsport (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76571)

AllredEInUse21 03-01-2006 09:59 AM

Marcy Motorsport

Anyone from there on here or does anyone know how to reach them. Ive emailed them a few times and have tried calling all week and I get nothing?

magic2119 03-01-2006 10:03 AM

oh no, not this again.

Egz 03-01-2006 11:05 AM

Keep trying to call him. He's a very busy guy.

poppin3000 03-24-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egz (Post 944737)
Keep trying to call him. He's a very busy guy.

good luck with that...

I've religiously been calling 3 times a day almost every day since about...late January? I've tried calling from many different numbers, emails, email addresses, etc etc. No response.

I bought a red svtf rolling chassis from marcy back in...November I believe, maybe earlier.

However the shell was supposed to include a radiator w/ fan assembly, which I really needed. When Walter delivered the car to my house though he said that he forgot to bring the radiator along and that he would ship it out to me within the week.

Obviously that never happened. I completed the shell way back mid December and it still isn't running due to the missing radiator. I ended up buying one from a guy in Canada for $200 shipped, and it's on its way here now. However, I still want my freaking radiator from marcy. A deal is a deal, and that's really all there is to it.

I even tried calling him to see if I could make the 300 mile trip down there to pick the radiator up myself...no answer.

I've called at pretty much every hour of the day as well. Early morning, normal business hours, and even late night.

I think I last spoke to him in early January when he told me that he was having a family emergency (he explained the situation to me and he seemed to be telling the truth).

Since then I haven't heard of him.

I'm trying to think of alternative methods of action. Better Business Bureau? Maybe if there are enough people like me on the board that have been ripped by marcy we could take some kind of legal action? I'd rather see the whole ordeal settled outside of court, but this is just ridiculous.

Maybe people who feel they have been cheated by marcy should post up here.

Here's the email he sent me saying there was a radiator:

"Iíll be in the shop tomorrow through Thursday, and I plan to take pictures then. The car was never in a collision. It has been stored outside. There are some minor dings, but nothing too serious, or in need of immediate attention. There is no rust. The wiring harness is fully intact. All that remains in the engine bay are the mounts, wiring, miscellaneous hoses and whatnot. There is a radiator and fan. It would be best if you had a donor car to get this car back on the road.

Walter Marcy
Marcy Motorsport
12504 Mountain Mesa Rd., Lake Isabella, CA, 93240
Tel:661-703-3503
www.marcymotorsport.com "

He was really quick to respond up until I actually bought the car.[rolleyes]

Shadowrunner 03-24-2007 04:08 PM

^ i know how you feel. i didn't buy a car from him, but i bought my TB from MM. i called, emailed, called, called, emailed some more, and kept calling. took almost 3 months before i finally got it. it was only after i filed a complaint through paypal that it arrived at my door.

Satchi 04-13-2007 09:43 AM

Marcy CAI

So, I'm not the only one who is being ripped off. I ordered a Marcy CAI in Jan. '07. I recieved an email telling me it was back ordered until March 16th as posted on the Marcy website. I responded that I would wait . March 16th has come and gone and I've heard nothing since. His phone goes right to a full 'mailbox'. There is no response to my emails. This was a first purchase from Marcy and will be my last. As far as I'm concerned he has stolen $175 from me. How can he think being "a little under the weather" is an excuse for non-performance and/or theft?

bacarl 04-13-2007 01:45 PM

Wow I just posted my own thread today questioning Walter's location and was referred here...

So you mean to say that Marcy Motorsports has no staff or faculty to handle incoming orders? And if the owner of the shop is "under the weather" or has projects going around the shop, the whole place shuts down??? [?|]

I certainly don't blame Walter if he's been ill or had a family emergency. But if such an event shuts down his business indefinitely, he needs to make potential orderers aware of that on the website.

Shadowrunner 04-13-2007 02:03 PM

^ be safe and don't buy from him, unless you like to wait for months for your order

and yes, as far as i know, he IS the staff

Trav-E2.0 04-14-2007 02:11 AM

I have nothing, but nice things to say about the guy! I bought a CAI from Walter. I chated with him for over an hour and 3 days later I had my CAI on my car!

Owning your own business is a bitch and you'll have NO time for nothing. Just be patient and you'll get GREAT results [;)].

Satchi 04-14-2007 10:28 AM

I may have been a little harsh in my previous post but a short email acknowledging my order and a brief explanation/apology would go a long way toward building understanding. Hiding behind an unanswered phone and an email vacuum doesn't get it.