Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK1 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   VIS OEM Hood Problem *Update* (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70417)

Stephs2.0Focus 01-03-2006 06:20 PM

VIS OEM Hood Problem *Update*

We took the hood to the business who sold it to my boyfriend so we could get it shipped back and exchanged for another hood. The owner called VIS and they asked to speak to one of us, so my boyfriend took the phone. They told him that it their latches are a well known problem with the CF Focus hoods and to fix it you have to hollow out the latch bolts to make it adjust more easier. And after about 30 mins of arguing with VIS about how the hood cannot pyhsically fit, they gave us the "OK" for a new one. That hood has lots of problems. Not only did the hood not fit, the windshield nozzles didnt fit either. They said to use doublesided tape for the windshield nozzles to "fix" the problem. What has happened to VIS's quality? If they know it is a problem, how come they never bothered fixing it? Really? Anyways, so we have to wait till next week to get the new one shipped over. I had the windows tinted today too. I chose 5% all around, except the front of course. When I get the hood on I will post the pics of everything. We might end up just getting hood pins to get the hood to fit. Wish me luck and feel free to post any ideas/opinions....

Foci_Fosho 01-03-2006 06:36 PM

sucks to hear about the VIS problems...

hopefully the next one will be a nice fit.

Stephs2.0Focus 01-03-2006 06:59 PM

^........Im hoping.

CrazyMatt 01-03-2006 07:06 PM

Good luck on this.. normally VIS is very very good about these things.. I am suprised.

Lil PZEV 01-03-2006 10:04 PM

Well at leats you're getting a new one. Although it is highly frustrating that they're aware of the issue but don't consider it worthy of fixing...

Good luck with the new one, and get us those pics, sounds like it's coming together nicely.

02svtf_ms 01-03-2006 10:24 PM

My VIS hood will not latch either unless I really slam it down hard with force, which I do not want to do, so I have to call them too. Hopefully they will send me a new one.

blacknfastsvt 01-03-2006 10:37 PM

ooo i ran thru the same problem....all the cf hoods they have are like this....the hood will not close unless u make the hole on the latch bigger....i personally went to VIS to scream about this problem and after about 3 hours of waiting and 5 people helping they were able to come to the conclusion that the latch needed to have a bigger hole since the latch on the hood isnt long enough to hook on and close all the way....trust me guys its not the problem from the hood its a problem with all the latches on their hoods....so just go ahead and get a dremel and make the hole bigger on ur car latch and it will work out just fine....saves alot of trouble from shippin the hood and complaining about everything....good luck!

Foci_Fosho 01-03-2006 11:06 PM

damn that sucks...

Are the hood latches bolted in or fiberglassed in?

If they are removable, try swapping out the latch on the stock hood.

Stephs2.0Focus 01-04-2006 11:50 AM

........they are fiberglassed on. We took my hood to a bodyshop and they told us that we should try swapping latches like you said, but then they noticed that it was fiberglassed on and not bolted on. So it just wouldnt work without risking cracking the hood. I am not everyone to take your hoods back to them and get new ones! My hood is no were near able to fit in the latch. After all the stuff we tried to get it to fit, we managed to put some minor scratches on it as well. Which is another reason we pushed so hard for another hood. I would suggest trying everything humanly possible before asking for a new one. I hope VIS solves this problem so that others wont have to go through this trouble, but I highly doubt that they will.

elliottcarlose 01-04-2006 12:02 PM

thanks now vis is off my list of hoods i might get