Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drag Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Focus 2.0L Zetec Against GT 4.6L Mustang... Who will win (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69257)

PNKschizm 12-20-2005 04:15 PM

Focus 2.0L Zetec Against GT 4.6L Mustang... Who will win

I have a buddy that has a 4.6L Mustang that always races me. I was wondering what i'm going to need to smoke his ass. He walks on me every damn day and i'm tired of it lol. Right now i'm working on getting some additional tunes for my focus and does anyone know a good tuning shop in Indiana that doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. Any help would be appreciated... also would a zetec motor be able to stand a 150 hp shot of nitrous? Any help would be great.

Snakebite202 12-20-2005 04:18 PM

Serious FI - 'nough said.

MyBlackST 12-20-2005 04:25 PM

F/I is just about the only way you're gonna do it. If you go with a 150 shot you better get a good bottom end build up or a STRONG short block.

bob11187 12-20-2005 04:55 PM

no tune will make you come even close. your going to have to start racing slower cars or slap a supercharger or turbo on that beast. A "general rule for nitrous is that a shot larger than 50% of your cars origanal power is getting dangerous.

kenpokid 12-20-2005 05:10 PM

intake, header, exhaust, tune, UDP, TB, and a 75 shot of nitrous will get you to beat him, if not, stay with him. They run mid to high 14s stock.

Knuckles899 12-20-2005 05:41 PM

If not going turbo or supercharger look at my mods.

You'll need these and if you can race from a roll on spraying and you get your results assuming your good driver.

PNKschizm 12-20-2005 05:57 PM

If i tune enough...

If i get mainly the bolt ons some new motor mounts say a 50hp to 75hp shot of nitrous and a tune do you think i would have a chance? Sry it doesn't sound like it would run 14s even with all that crap... 14s is a decent run. He has a short throw shifter and is getting a new intake and we kinda compete against each other all we can. I know i can beat him in a circuit he knows he can beat me in a drag but i really wanna scare him on the strip. Oh and what does it mean if your Focus has an intake and muffler and u beat a V6 mustang? i saw the guy slam it to the floor and burn out and i don't know how the hell it happened but when we got up to 75 i got my ground back and passed him at 85 and u could still hear his engine pounding out lol. Any clues on how this happened?

03OrangeSVT 12-21-2005 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kenpokid
intake, header, exhaust, tune, UDP, TB, and a 75 shot of nitrous will get you to beat him, if not, stay with him. They run mid to high 14s stock.
I have just a few minor mods done to my 00 GT ATX, and with all the stuff you mentioned.... you wouldn't even get close.

ANOTHER thing is it depends on what year 4.6... 99 and up run ALOT stronger than the earlier models about 60hp stronger in STOCK trim.

Besides who leaves their GT stock anyways????

sporadic 12-21-2005 08:26 AM

Don't waste your time my friend.
After you spend $3,000 on a turbo kit etc that allows you to beat him he'll slap on some long tubes, a cai and a tune and walk on you again.
My last car was a 2003 mustang mach 1, and after drag racing that and seeing how little it takes to make it faster I wouldn't even attempt to make my new focus that fast.

kenpokid 12-21-2005 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 03OrangeSVT
I have just a few minor mods done to my 00 GT ATX, and with all the stuff you mentioned.... you wouldn't even get close.

ANOTHER thing is it depends on what year 4.6... 99 and up run ALOT stronger than the earlier models about 60hp stronger in STOCK trim.

Besides who leaves their GT stock anyways????

lol...you would beat a stock one...a modded one isnt even that fast especially an automatic...with a 100 shot it would be close[;)]