Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What autocrossing class is the svt in? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675)

Infra3sv 09-16-2003 12:23 AM

What autocrossing class is the svt in?

Hello everyone. I'm thinking about autocrossing my new car and was wondering what kind of cars I would be compared with. Its all stock. Is its class determined by its power-to-weight ratio?

FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR 09-16-2003 12:30 AM

go here if u havent www.autocross.com it tells u a bunch of shyt

Infra3sv 09-16-2003 11:05 PM

Stock (S)
These cars are fairly close to cars that are driven on the street, and are usually dual purpose automobiles. Permitted modifications include any DOT-approved tire, any shock that attaches to the stock mounting points, any exhaust from the catalytic converter back (subject potentially to local sound control), any brake pads, any front sway bar, any wheels of stock dimensions and offset, and addition of a race harness.
Cars prepared to Road Racing Showroom Stock rules are permitted to run in Stock, but are not permitted to "mix" rules between the two classes.

The stock class is split up into sub-classes organized by performance. They are lettered A thru H, in an approximate order of descending performance. There is also a class called Super Stock (SS). Examples of cars in A-Stock (AS) include: Porsche 911's, Turbo MR2's, etc. The most populated class appears to be C-Stock (CS), which includes Miatas and many BMW's. At other end of the spectrum, H-Stock (HS) includes cars with relatively low power-to-weight ratios like the Toyota Tercel and Honda Accord. F-stock is a class that is generally populated with the "pony cars" such as Camaros, Firebirds, and Mustangs.

Would the SVT be in the CS class?
What other cars would be in this class?

danssvt 10-01-2003 02:16 PM

SCCA car classification

In SCCA SoloII autocross the car runs in (GS) or G 'stock'. That is if you haven't done any modifications. Depending on which mods have been done it would put you in a different class depending on which mods.

I actually race my 02 svt in SoloII and am leading the points in GS class. It is a lot of fun. I run against Audi A4's, Acura RS's, Mini-Cooper S's, v-6 mustangs, etc. My closes competition is another SVT.

danssvt 10-01-2003 02:51 PM

SCCA car classification

In SCCA SoloII autocross the car runs in (GS) or G 'stock'. That is if you haven't done any modifications. Depending on which mods have been done it would put you in a different class depending on which mods.

I actually race my 02 svt in SoloII and am leading the points in GS class. It is a lot of fun. I run against Audi A4's, Acura RS's, Mini-Cooper S's, v-6 mustangs, etc. My closes competition is another SVT.

Infra3sv 10-01-2003 11:03 PM

Thanks! Does anything else come close in points?

danssvt 10-02-2003 12:59 PM

Yeah, my closest competition are the mini-cooper S's, the other SVTF's, and the fastest car that I have ever seen in class is the new Celica GT. SCCA is supposed to be moving the Celica GT to another class for next season and actually if I had race tires I don't think any of the others would be much competition except the Celica GT.

The thing is in Stock class you can add any cat back system, change to any struts or shocks, and you can run any tire(as long as it is on the factory wheels). So, to be fair my car isn't as prepared as it could be. I am running Falken Azenis and everything else is bone stock.

Solaris 10-05-2003 06:34 PM

in the SoloII club i race for it's just class X along with anything thats not a Miata lol. I'm to lazy to drive more then 30mins to an Autox and the Windy City Miata Club has them at my highschool sometimes so it's all good.

Infra3sv 10-06-2003 11:09 AM

How do our cars do compared to miatas?

danssvt 10-06-2003 01:10 PM

Well, if you want to see some actual numbers go to www.trscca.com and look at past race results. I am GS 277. I usually beat the stock miatas.