Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus SVT (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Average age of SVT owners? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67215)

bigblue 11-29-2005 07:32 AM

Average age of SVT owners?

I am deciding whether to buy a used 2002 SVT. This one came to Europe (where I live) and main reasons for concern are spare parts and (to some extent) fuel consumption. I have driven Ford Fiesta so far and it has been reliable and good car to me, but I need stronger car for more travelling.

Another decision that I am making here is the choice whether to live a sporty life (SVT) or retire to normal, economical (jap-diesel) life which everyone else seems to be suggesting. I am 29 and I would be giving 50% of my savings for that SVT where I can buy a jap-diesel for 30%.

So what is your age and your view on SVT?

pspringe 11-29-2005 07:52 AM

I am 26. I love the SVT, but I think fuel is going to get you. It takes 91+ octane, and I really don't get that great of mileage. The best I ever see is 25, with a tune (I haven't tried the highway tune yet).

The car is a lot of fun though.

Don't buy a Jap car though. There are plenty of other good options. What about a SKoda?

03OrangeSVT 11-29-2005 08:15 AM

36, was 34 when I bought it........ they are fun to drive... especially after the turbo[thumb]

KesTrel 11-29-2005 09:23 AM

Theres an SVT in serbia ?

b16sir1991 11-29-2005 09:38 AM

Im 38 and never got past 19, lol

MTBman1127 11-29-2005 09:45 AM

Im really just 19, got to love the car, and they are great handlers, also if you drive nice you can get some good gas milage!

jollyjohnj 11-29-2005 10:01 AM

birth certificate says that I'm 34
wife says that I'm 16

I love my SVTf, but the way fuel costs are in Europe if you are concerned about gas mileage you should probably get a diesel.

The cost of a litre of gas/Euro over there works out to be somewhere between $4 and $5 per gallon.

bigblue 11-29-2005 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KesTrel
Theres an SVT in serbia ?

Yes it is the only one in the country and came here recently on a cargo ship :) It is a beautiful car and I fell in love with it the moment I saw it.

I am glad there are lots of folks in their thirties enjoying the SVT (although a need to feel like 18 yo is obvious :)

But as many of you say fuel costs can be problem. We have only 95 octane fuel here so it will probably burn some more then it does there. Also the fuel here is little over $4 /gallon converted (how much is it there?). And so on..

.. and then I think of the focus svt again and all those bad thougts go away :)

Other point is that the car has rebuilt title. I went to service and they said only the right front wing had been worked on.

Daeron 11-29-2005 10:38 AM

make sure you get a tune for the 95 octane then (mo' powwa) :)

You'll find the average age is around upper 20's/lower 30's (younger folks want the big fast cars that get them in trouble).

Chippy49 11-29-2005 10:45 AM

I'm 19 and i just got my SVTF about a month ago and love it. The gas mileage is great, as well as the power, but especially the handling. Couldn't ask for anything better![thumb]