Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   SVTF-1/4 mile times (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64456)

slowbird 04-13-2005 03:51 PM

SVT Focus 1/4mile times.

Hey everyone...I don't own a Focus but I'm helping my friend with his. He's got an '03 SVT Focus, and he's all about making her go fast.

The first time he ran it it was with just a CAI, and some interior stuff pulled and he got a 15.4 IIRC.

I know that's good 'cause I saw a black SVT running low 16's the other day at the track.
(or maybe that guy just couldn't drive)

Anyways...he went to the track recently and these are the current mods he has:

*No interior except for drivers seat. ( I mean completely gutted )
*2 1/4 Cat-Back exhaust without stock resonators
*Eibach Springs
*SCT Xcalibrator tuning.
(A performance shop did the tuning for him)
*A Coil pack and wires set he saw in a Focus Mag. (Had to gap the plugs larger)
*Short-Shifter
*AEM CAI
*FC 65mm TB

He ran a 15.1 at 91mph
He was spinning through first and getting 2.42 60 foots. But he just couldn't break into the 14's.
Has anyone else ran at at 1/4mile track (SVT & ZX3), and if so what are you running and with what mods?

I just wanna put things in perspective cause I don't see anyone up here with an SVT Focus. Only ZX3's.

Thanks.

JSSVT04 04-13-2005 05:58 PM

i should be in high 13's i hope my car does run right now no clutch at ALL. but i hope i can break into the 13's if not im going 2 find a wall[?|]

good luck there fun cars thoughs i had both and the svt is alot of fun 2 drive.

once i get 2 the track i'll post my time slip

later, jss[thumb]

yog 04-13-2005 07:24 PM

i live in brampton to , im gone go to quater mille track soon let me no when you go next time im gone try to break in 14 hope so here my mod list

aem cold air intake
tb
alt pulley
sct tune
borla ex
short trow shifter
motor mount insert
ground kit (made my self)
9mm spark plug wire

gone remouve all seat exp driver, jack, spear tire ,sub, gone do flyweel and clutch soon

i don,t no where is the drag track

svtfocus17 04-13-2005 10:15 PM

15.8@90 all stock full interior only ran one time so im preety happy..next run will be wit sts hypnotic tune and no interior ill post it in a few weeks

slowbird 04-13-2005 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by yog
i live in brampton to , im gone go to quater mille track soon let me no when you go next time im gone try to break in 14 hope so here my mod list

aem cold air intake
tb
alt pulley
sct tune
borla ex
short trow shifter
motor mount insert
ground kit (made my self)
9mm spark plug wire

gone remouve all seat exp driver, jack, spear tire ,sub, gone do flyweel and clutch soon

i don,t no where is the drag track

Brampton? Cool...where abouts? I'm right by Chingcousy park.
Anyways...we should be heading to Cayuga...1st weekend of May. Should be fun. He should break into the 14's...hopefully so should I. [thumb]
I'll message you when we go.

Anyone else with Mods and/or a 1/4mile time?

Grandma 04-14-2005 01:08 AM

Re: SVT Focus 1/4mile times.

Quote:

Originally posted by slowbird

Anyways...he went to the track recently and these are the current mods he has:

*No interior except for drivers seat. ( I mean completely gutted )
*2 1/4 Cat-Back exhaust without stock resonators
*Eibach Springs
*SCT Xcalibrator tuning.
(A performance shop did the tuning for him)
*A Coil pack and wires set he saw in a Focus Mag. (Had to gap the plugs larger)
*Short-Shifter
*AEM CAI
*FC 65mm TB

He ran a 15.1 at 91mph

It makes sense he would be running this. my stock 02 SVT ran a 15.6 on the 1/4 with eveything in it. He only has SCT Xcalibrator tuning, CAI, and TB helping with power which is getting him into those numbers. with the interior gutted he is saven some weight but I dont know how much it is gunna help. You also gotta think about Tires like someone has already said and weather conditions, conditions at the track and how high above sea level are you.

Mods I got on my 02 SVT for

power: custom AEM CAI, Tom Tune, Crank UDP, ORP, Borla exhaust
performance: new G-Force tires, STS, VF rear mount
Car: 94 oct', recent oil change, tran fluid change, rad fluid change

now with all this and some experience and with a fully loaded car I should be runnin 15.0 or dippin into the high 14 area. im hopen 14's.

JustinSVT 04-14-2005 01:15 AM

I just got back from the track tonight but got shitty times (best was 15.4). I think its because I messed with the tire pressure, should have just left it alone, my 60ft times were horrible. My best ever was 15.2 with CAI, ORP, and UDP and the only thing I had added since is the SCT tune but I find it hard to believe it made me slower, I think its just traction issues. Oh and I have a 5 door so I'm packin a lil extra weight.

yog 04-14-2005 07:10 AM

im at bovair and sandalwood parkw sonic bleu svt 3 door ,let me no !

yog 04-14-2005 07:11 AM

sorry ontario st and sandalwood