Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Rally (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Gronholm will join Ford rally! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62070)

SVTbrit 10-10-2005 08:48 AM

Gronholm will join Ford rally!

Check out BBC article

PapoSwing 10-10-2005 09:22 AM

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!![pray] [pray] [pray] [pray]

Now there is no excuse for Ford! They have to be more competitive in 06, Gronholm is one of those drivers that really gets on the team when the car doesn't function properly. Can't wait till next season! [thumb]

Oni 10-10-2005 10:51 AM

Seriously? Aw, I've been waiting for Ford to get a champion driver under their belt again. Gronholm was my idle back when I first started watching WRC. He used to seem almost unstoppable like Loeb for a bit. Then, they gave him an under developed 307.

Oh, the potential. This is exciting. So does anyone know about the future of Peugeot and Citroen? I heard they were to back out of the WRC soon from Speed TV.

dgualtie 10-10-2005 11:03 AM

that is good news for ford now i cant wait for next years season to start

PizZel 10-10-2005 12:56 PM

i think its on 2nite on speed around 11est. i always forget what day and time. you would think i would remember after so many times, but nope!

next year should be really good. colin mcrae will be driving for skoda also.

Oni 10-10-2005 01:19 PM

The next rally is coming up this weekend on the 16th I believe. I think it's the rally of France.

Oni 10-11-2005 10:56 AM

I correct myself. The next rally coming up is October the 23rd on Speed TV (usually at 10:00PM Central Time), and it will be the rally of France.

blackandgold 10-11-2005 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ravage
next year should be really good. colin mcrae will be driving for skoda also.
Did he sign a contract?? I haven't heard of him signing one yet. Gronholm is an excellent pick up for Ford and is exactly what they needed. Ford has done pretty good this year considering their drivers. Gardemeister is good but he is not quite in the ranks of Loeb, Gronholm, and SOLBERG[:D] .

PapoSwing 10-11-2005 11:23 AM

Quote:

Did he sign a contract?? I haven't heard of him signing one yet.
He said if Skoda shows real interest (meaning money for development) in staying competitive for 06 he would consider coming back under the Skoda flagship. Don't think he has signed anything as of yet.

blackandgold 10-11-2005 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PapoSwing
He said if Skoda shows real interest (meaning money for development) in staying competitive for 06 he would consider coming back under the Skoda flagship. Don't think he has signed anything as of yet.
Yep I heard that. He needs to be back in the sport...I kinda miss the guy. The bad part about all this is that Skoda is having a meeting in the next month or two that is going to decide if they are going to be rallying at all next year.