Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   5.0 or svt? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58600)

graveKisser 09-07-2005 08:18 PM

5.0 or svt?

Damn why dose everyone always wana race me or drive my car?

I have camaros and 240sx guys sayin they can out corner me?!?!
Now at school I have some guy in a late 80s 5.0 with 3:73 gears nothin else and thinks he will stomp my ass? But I've been in those cars they got torque but damn they are slow when they speed up. I dont race very offten or even drive hard but I really wana shut him up should I try to take him or hold it off till I get a flash and orp?

Dont wana get smoked by a car with 180k miles on it and rusted to hell!

beatfocie 09-07-2005 08:21 PM

thats funny just find a twisty road and shut them up

SVTkonig 09-07-2005 09:25 PM

they're slow when they speed up eh? I know your svt could out-handle all of those (unless the 240 guy is a pro drifter in which case he would hand your a$$ to you), but from a dig you'll probably not beat any of those three. windy road man, thats where it's at.

graveKisser 09-07-2005 09:38 PM

Yeah the 240 aint pro but he drifts his cars a turd though, and I think he would be the only one I might get off the line, everyone at my school wants me and the 5slow to meet at the track but his car wont make it there ha,
Is it autocross where the svt likes to play? cause if you get caught racing in houston you go to the slammer

sexy2002svt 09-07-2005 10:43 PM

unless he has the SR20DET engine swap, or the a turbo on his stock KA engine, you'll have no problem beating the 240..............they're pretty slow stock................it's funny how some people will act like ass holes to you just b/c you have SVT on your car...........

crazymechanic 09-07-2005 11:31 PM

the 5.slow will hand your ass to you in straight line, but take it in the twisties, he'll be off the road in a ditch by the second turn

Spec3VR6 09-07-2005 11:44 PM

itll be a good race against the 5.0. Take it to the highway too...watch the tables turn then. Even more so...take ALL of them two some nice S turns, and say goodbye the their sorry asses, lol

blck01zx3 09-08-2005 12:13 AM

My friend has an 88 5.0 with a BBK cold air intake, Under drive Pulleys, and Ford Racing wires, its a 5 speed and I beat him from a dig and from a roll. When I didnt have the tune on my car he used to beat me from a dig or a slow roll, but now that I have the tune and the ORP he cant beat me. I dont pull on him hard or anything but once we get up to speed Im a good 2-3 cars ahead. He just put a new Hays clutch in now though and I havent raced him since. He is getting either 3.73s or 4.10s soon also. I hope he goes with the 3.73s for my sake.

CWBoarder691 09-08-2005 12:28 AM

Hey graveKisser which side of houston are you on and which school do you go to? I dont want to jack the thread im just wondering.

FocusInAlaska 09-08-2005 12:33 AM

"In 1985 the RPO L69, rated at 190hp, could only be ordered with the IROC package and only with a manual transmission. Vehicle Weight: 3,550 pounds" I think you could take him straight line or on the twisties. The question is do you want to? Are you willing to risk your license, your life or your car? If you are let us know how badly you beat him!