Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Totally owned that cop.. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56700)

BOM KRON 08-19-2005 03:15 PM

Totally owned that cop..

Allright so i was on my way home from work just casually driving when i notice a bike cop behind me with his lights on. I pull over to the side and the cop asks for the usual information then says "sir i pulled you over because of your exhaust". At first my heart dropped cuz i live in Cali and i have an ORP but i quickly replied "theres nothing wrong with my exhaust officer, my car is completely stock besides a cold air intake i just added". He gives me a puzzled look and proceeds to look under my car. At this point i thought i was done for...being that not having a CAT on a new focus means big time fines in this lovely state i live in. The cop now gets back up and says "well sir everything looks good under here, i suppose your intake is causing the excess noise. Have a good day." and he took off. I just sat there in dis-belief...then after about 30 seconds of that i just started busting up in laughter. I guess the cop had no idea what the hell he was looking at when he went under the car.

Anyways just thought id share this with all the ORP owners in here. That totally made my day.

On a side note (and the reason this is in performance chat)...has anyone experimented with different mufflers to try and give the car more of a rich sound and not so ricey cuz of the ORP? I'm not about to spend hundreds on a new exhaust but i would be willing to get a muffler if it helps.

SVTmonkey 08-19-2005 03:29 PM

You were laughing? Just be thankful that this cop didn't know what he was looking for, cause otherwise you would have been walking away with a $2500 fine for breaking a federal law. If I were you, I would count myself lucky and head to the nearest shop to get a CAT installed. Unless you want to wait for the next cop who will know what he's looking for.

Please, do everyone a favour and put that thing back on.

blkZX32005 08-19-2005 03:32 PM

lucky dog but i would look into a hi flow cat............

BOM KRON 08-19-2005 03:43 PM

SVTmonkey do u HAVE to preach to every ORP owner? We all know your views so please stop repeating the same damn thing in every one of your posts having to do with an ORP...I obviously know the consequences and i bought this thing before hi-flow cats were even available. When i get the 300 some dollars that it costs i'll consider it.

I just posted this cause i thought it was a funny story so thanks for immediate negativity on the subject [thumb] .

This topic was for the ORP owners out there to read... i'd like to know about the muffler if anyone has any experience with that. Thanks

goinloco1 08-19-2005 05:50 PM

as far as a muffler, to get rid of the ricy sound. i found my resonator was most of the problem. pulled it and replaced with a straight piece of pipe. got rid of the tinney sound and gave it a throaty sound .
and yes...i run an orp, mil eliminator,flex, and 2.5" bassani stainless full catback w/o the res.

Evan_Murphy 08-19-2005 06:01 PM

yay for the RT cat hehe

LastRites 08-19-2005 06:12 PM

Yup, I blew past a cop pulling radar one night with the ORP on hitting about 5,000 RPM's, Didn't get pulled either. I guess some of them either just don't care or are too rockheaded to figure it out.

no_peg 08-19-2005 06:21 PM

wow ahaha thats a good one! Talk about luck!

Hillyard 08-19-2005 09:26 PM

Wouldn't say you owned him but rather lucked out. He was probably just checking up on ya and needed a reason to make sure you weren't doing something illegal.

EURO04SVT 08-19-2005 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVTmonkey
You were laughing? Just be thankful that this cop didn't know what he was looking for, cause otherwise you would have been walking away with a $2500 fine for breaking a federal law. If I were you, I would count myself lucky and head to the nearest shop to get a CAT installed. Unless you want to wait for the next cop who will know what he's looking for.

Please, do everyone a favour and put that thing back on.

You should get your cat removed then take a few puffs off the tailpipe and relax. SVTmonkey I dig treehuggers and all cuz we need people like you but damn you are like flies on $hit to a ORP thread[thumb] . If our world meets its demise anytime soon it will be natural disaster or do to world leaders not Off Road Pipes dude. SVTmonkey think of ORPs as peace pipes man dont wig.