Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   HEADER.. again!! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56079)

SinCityZX3 08-13-2005 12:52 AM

HEADER.. again!!

OK i know everyone has their own opinion on which header to get.

now i heard shorty header was weak!

a 4-2-1 race header was good

and that the svt header was good too

NOW considering the SVT header kit is like 600 bux (279) for just the header..

what is the better out of these or any other.. i figure if i spend the $$ i better spent it right!!

thanx in advance!

AC21365 08-13-2005 01:49 AM

not to sound like an ass, but this topic has pretty much been beaten to death in the past...

and just so people wont be able to whine cuz 'i'm such an [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* for telling someone to not be lazy', i searched zetec performance chat with 'best race header'... after 4 minutes of searching:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

all of these are less than 3 months old... there's many more the further back you go...

repeat after me: the search button is my friend, the search button is my friend [:)~] [:D]

hope this helps man.. good luck [thumb]

SinCityZX3 08-13-2005 01:56 AM

yea i know, sorry aaron! i just cant decide.. i know on paper they are all the same except for the shorty (which IMO suxx)

but thanx for the feedback, i know i keep repeating myself, i just cant make up my mind!

jerryzx3 08-13-2005 07:58 AM

I would get the FC 4-2-1 header, it flows better when it goes from 4 into 2 into 1 and I believe it is a slightly larger inside diameter ( not possitive though). They do use it on their 12 sec all motor car so it has to be pretty good, I love mine and would buy it again if I had to. Just make sure you get a larger flexpipe and exhaust or the header really won't help that much.

kenpokid 08-13-2005 09:49 PM

SVT header might be more expensive, but it gets the same gains as others, maybe a little more torque becuz of its design, it is 409 stainless steel, which you can't beat for a heade, and it is 4-2-1 like the FC. You get what you pay for with the SVT header. I plan on getting it myself. [:D]

zslaton 08-14-2005 07:24 AM

Find out what coating is used on the FC header. I bought one used, and then sent it Jet Hot to get it recoated, and I have zero discoloration and no rust at all. They do a great job on their coatings, and warranty them for 5 years.

xfocusracing 08-14-2005 06:41 PM

I have a JBA shorty header with a downpipe and it has made a huge difference. IT is ceramic coated so no rust or discoloration. Also just FYI, don't get this if you want to keep your neighbors as friends....IT IS EXTREMELY LOUD.

AC21365 08-14-2005 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xfocusracing
....IT IS EXTREMELY LOUD.

the exact reason i try to beat into you knuckleheads the fact that 2-muffler exhaust systems are worth the money...

*edit* (my sentence didnt make much sense, reworded it)

SkaAddict 08-14-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AllMotorFocus
the exact reason i try to beat the fact that 2-muffler exhaust systems are worth the money into you focus knuckleheads..
[werd]

No kidding...just spend the money up front for a SVT Borla or FocusSport stealth system instead of having to put up with an obnoxiously loud exhaust and/or spending more money on having a resonator installed at a later time.

blazealm 08-16-2005 11:20 PM

just get a high flow cat like i did and u will be fine