Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Rally (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   how do i DEAL with this?! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52436)

machewcoy 07-08-2005 07:01 PM

how do i DEAL with this?!

well, here's a little story i thought i'd share to my fellow SVTer's out there...sit down, and grab a bowl a popcorn...maybe someone out there can tell me how to cope with this traumatic experience...

well, one day, on my way back from a friend's house, i pull up next to this red focus sitting at a stop light. it's alright, i guess...it's red, a ZX3; an old asian man is driving it. "cool man," i thought to myself. well, we're sitting there, and all of a sudden, he REVS on me. "hrm...a mistake?" i think to myself...not likely. he does it again. i glance over at him, and notice is is mockingly staring at me back. "wutthe...?" well...i didnt think much of it...maybe he's just looking at my car too...

...wishful thinking...

well, the light turns green, and he takes off in a cloud of smoke. "WOW," i yelled, and being the dumb teenager i am, i take off as well. "it's just a regular ZX3," i said to myself. "it's no problem." well, i finally catch up to the old man...and i notice something quite odd...

...he was WAITING for me...

"huh?!" i couldnt help but wonder..."wat was this guy THINKING?!" then, the impossible became possible. he glanced over at me, and gave me a look that your elders give u when u try ur best at something, but fail miserably. it's that look of "aww...how cute. u tried, but u failed. THIS is how it's done..." ya, u know the look. it was THAT kind of look. and then...

...he pulled on me...

...and in a matter of seconds, he was gone. now, dont get me wrong; i'm not the best driver in the world, nor am i a pushover: i have wat it takes to hold my own. but to be beaten by man who was old enough to be my grandfather in a car that was basemodel next to my SVT...i was in complete shock. i pulled over to the side of the road and just sat there. a whole half hour. to some, people may say, "eh, it's no biggie..." but to ME, it's a whole different story...my confidence in myself and my car was shot to shit.

the end

...hahaha, ok ok, u can all stop ur laughing now. seriously, i've never been soo....i dunno, HUMILATED before!!! maybe his car was just more modified than mine was? i have a K/N typhoon system, new spark plugs, wires, new ignition system and a diable sport chip with h/r springs. i dunno...maybe it's just me...maybe i need more? how do i deal with this trauma?!?! i think i need a shrink....[:(]

p0sitivevibez 07-08-2005 07:09 PM

Its just cars. Maybe he had a turbo or something. Dont sweat it because it's not worth it.

LastRites 07-08-2005 07:24 PM

The standard Focus is nowhere near as quick as the SVTF, I've had both. Sounds like he was boosted or even worse your driving could be to blame. There shoud have been an audible signature to his mods, think back and reflect on wether or not you heard anything strange but cool.

WD40 07-08-2005 08:18 PM

Moved to ”Racing, Rally & Autocross”...
and a diable sport chip
^^^Maybe that's the problem^^^
The SVTF can't be chipped. Do you have a Predator Flasher unit?
From which vendor?

machewcoy 07-08-2005 08:25 PM

oopsy; ya, that's wat i meant. *my chip* was just flashed with the YRF0. i dunno why i put that in there... i dunno, maybe he was boosted? i sure hope that was it...

WD40 07-08-2005 08:37 PM

Sounds to me like he was boosted.
Could've been using NOS as well.[;)]

As far as all the mods you have, a tune would by far add more power than anything you've done yet.
All told, you're probably at the most, 6-8whp more than stock, with the Typhoon adding the most.
Plugs and ignition maybe added 1-2hp....tops.

Check in the SVT Performance Chat for the Tune Review "sticky", and any discussions you can find related to the Diablo Predator (1turbofocus-tune) or SCT XCal by Hypnotic Illusions (Wayne-tune).

machewcoy 07-08-2005 08:58 PM

heh; alrighty...thanx...but ya...just the shock of being beaten by someone who could be my grandpa is pretty overwhelming, hahaha. that's how i want to be when i'm a grandpa; rice the new-age teens in their cars in my foci and then womp on em, hehehe...

coleslaststand 07-08-2005 11:00 PM

An NA modded ZX3 is not going to walk on an SVT let alone blow one away --- just won't happen --- especially from a roll ... but if he had some sort of FI then he could walk your car and a lot of others ...
You also said in your mod list that you have a diablo sport chip ... don't you mean a diablo flash tune?

MARS 07-09-2005 09:28 AM

dude an old asian man beat u?? that's my pops, j/k! OLDMAN's fcoi engine was probably modded... cheer up, u'll get ur redemption one day....

MarlboroMan 07-10-2005 04:56 AM

not to start up the old SVTF vs PZEV wars again...
but ummm... you got no torque... lots of top end...

That is what I would blame...
The SVTF's are great... once you get past the torque, weight, and heavier rolling stock.

I am going to go hide now... before all the svt fan people come and kill me ;)