Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   OBX or FS Header? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50562)

ddeg10 06-19-2005 04:17 PM

OBX or FS Header?

I am a big fan of FocusSport. Everything I have received from them has been top-notch quality and I am always impressed with the way they deal with things, and just general word of mouth about them is good.

I don't know much about OBX except for that it seems like they make a good quality header for a very reasonable price ($150 from ebay).

I've pretty much got it down to these two choices.... OBX for $150 or FocusSport for $389. In the end they are both race headers and I'm assuming they both will give me some good gains. Price is an issue here and although I like FS a lot, the price of the OBX is very appealing.

Sound volume is also an issue here. I have a FocusSport stealth exhaust and FocusSport flex pipe and I'm curious if the OBX header would be louder on my car than the FS would.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Derek

Snakebite202 06-19-2005 05:08 PM

I have seen and driven a couple of foci with OBX headers, and while I can't compare to FS, I must say I was pleased with the quality of the design and the performance of the header itself.

As far as the volume, a raceheader is going to increase the volume no matter what. However, from what I hear with the FS stealth exhaust, it shouldn't be ricey or extremely loud at all.

SkaAddict 06-19-2005 06:58 PM

I'd guess that both are going to give you almost identical gains...the FS might have a slightly higher gain, but considering the OBX is half the price I'd probably go with them (in fact I already have one coming...)

fokuzx3 06-19-2005 07:23 PM

with fs your only buying the name brand

ddeg10 06-19-2005 08:27 PM

That's actually a different header. FC just has OBX manufacture it because it's cheaper that way.

tension001 06-19-2005 09:06 PM

I also read the Jet and read about FC. FC claims their manufacturer upped the price or something like that and obx could make it at the same quality for less. I have an OBX header and its a quality piece. The money i spent i feel satisfied with what i have. My car sounds awesome and runs great. I would recommend it to someone wanting to save a few bucks. The gains, i think you will see more torque from the 4-2-1 header and more high end hp with the fs header.

Slo_Focus 06-20-2005 12:13 AM

well I got a FC 4-2-1... ENORMOUS gains.... especially since ur getting rid of the stock header and cat... besides... only paid 175.... used rocks... plus it's already broke in that way

elitekorri 06-20-2005 09:01 AM

I have no complaints with my OBX 4-2-1... It's really shiny when you get it and turns bronze and eventually bluish... A lot of people have made good comments to say it's looks like a very well built header A+

fokuzx3 06-20-2005 11:04 AM

obx is just not known as well thats only reason most people go with fs and fc is just cuz they have had more advertisment from the beginning

elitekorri 06-20-2005 11:14 AM

JetHot is a definate plus for looks and heat. This is the only thing that you might want to do to the OBX... I'm really not too thrilled about my "blue" header =) Atleast it's unique I suppose... seriously solid construction