Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   SVT Performance (2002-2004) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Why is there no SVT VOLANT Intake yet? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41884)

S2 03-31-2005 10:40 AM

Why is there no SVT VOLANT Intake yet?

Seriously, what is up with their corporate setup over there. The VOLANT is by far one of the best intakes on the market for the focus and if they had anyone over there who would actually do some followup on the market they would make a killing on a SVT intake.

I am literally shocked they haven't done this yet. I actually emailed them and got no response and that was up to a year ago.

Anyone else wondering this? I seriously am shocked that a company would overlook something like this and miss out on a TON of potential income. What is also strange is that they have finally released the VOLANT SNORKLE or whatever you want to call it, that extra over the battery intake pipe which to me means that they have done some R&D into the non-SVT focus market and knowing very well that their intake is extremely popular.

Honestly I can't believe they haven't designed one yet...... [thumbd]

2004SVTAutoXer 03-31-2005 11:19 AM

yeah, volant fully pisses me off for this.

S2 03-31-2005 11:25 AM

Seriously though, I don't even own a SVT and this pisses me off. I honestly do NOT understand how some companies (IN THIS INDUSTRY) think. It's the same thing as the SPEEDHUT gauges, sure they offer them for the SVT but why would they not make a matching set for the auxilary gauges?? (see thread Alex posted on that). I'm even helping out Alex buy selling the auxilary gauges I got and it's pretty sad when you come down to it that a member from a message board has to buy and send them the gauges for them to design a face for.

Honestly, I think I am in the wrong career.... I should be in marketing..... product development.

Lupuri 03-31-2005 11:32 AM

Proply because the vehicle is no longer being made...unless they can match the part up to be used on several differnt vehicles there isnt going to be any use in it.

My opinion is the SVT intake doesnt need to be modded, but I wont hijack your thread. [;)]

2004SVTAutoXer 03-31-2005 11:34 AM

"the svt intake doesn't need to be modded"

are you on crack?

S2 03-31-2005 11:38 AM

Yeah I guess since it's not around anymore. They actually missed their chance horribly to make a TON of cash. With the SVT gone now there really is no point for a VOLANT SVT intake and with the PIPERCROSS out, they are loosing their top position on the intake market quickly since the PIPERCROSS is actually putting up better numbers, etc.

Lupuri 03-31-2005 11:38 AM

K&N drop in with the snorkle alone gets more cold air.
Only reason Id see to further mod the intake would be for a power adder.

But its ok, I dont know what Im talking about right? [;)]

S2 03-31-2005 11:41 AM

No I got alot of respect for you Lupuri but for my stance on the technical side of this, I can't comment since I don't have much experience in the SVT modding world.

2004SVTAutoXer 03-31-2005 11:43 AM

who would buy an intake for any reason other than a power adder?

K&N drop in is nice but i'm going to pick up a cone to put on the stock box once i get my carbon fiber evo hood

Lupuri 03-31-2005 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2004SVTAutoXer
who would buy an intake for any reason other than a power adder?

K&N drop in is nice but i'm going to pick up a cone to put on the stock box once i get my carbon fiber evo hood

Hahahah, thanks Chad, I was just doing some shin kickin...

2004SVTAutoXer, Im not saying that your wrong for doing that...a Cone will definately out flow a panel, and if your going with hoodscoops, itll prolly even out. I'm a big fan of cheap mods, and honestly dont think gains will be that outstanding with modded airboxes unless of course your running spray (heh, only power adder where you need an intake..) a 160hp application, I dont think your gonna see much of a differnce between a drop in and a cone+short ram intake, unless of course you want the sound.[:D]

But yeah, Im guessing it was a business move overall, many companies terminate production on alot of products when they hear a vehicle has been discontinued...Vortech literaly discontinued the F-trim SVT kit the day the SVTF was nixxed..

There is a fine line between manufacturing and selling...if a company doesnt make enough of a product and a product is on backorder, they lose $$ and overall veiw in the public...if a company makes too much of something, they may have to lower their price and lower overall margin.. and honestly, the market for SVTF Performance parts is NOT outstanding because they are very limited production and often not heavily modded like the other SVT or standard production counterparts. [;)]