Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Hows this for a fun breakdown, and Ford has no replacement parts avail (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330713)

Gemini8026 11-11-2013 11:28 PM

Hows this for a fun breakdown, and Ford has no replacement parts avail

So a few weeks ago I was driving around and noticed my car was getting VERY hot inside. I cranked down the heat, but the air never cooled down.

2012 Titanium with dual climate controls. 27,000km

Anyhow, long story short, after troubleshooting and messing around, I found there to be an issue with my climate controls.

Took it to the dealership and they checked it out. Apparently a motor burned out that controls the vents.

me - "Ok, thats fine, how long will it take to repair, a day in the shop?"

Local Dealership "Well, theres an issue, no one in North America has that part at the moment, so we need Ford to get them in stock and send it out to us, we have no idea how long it will take"

me - "It's getting cold out"

them - "We'll call you when we have the part"

SOOOO..... Right now, the vent is jammed so that only cold air comes out on the driver side. In Saskatchewan last night it was -22.... It's officially winter here. Im officially freezing. It's been 2 weeks and the forecast is to remain somewhat cold.

This really really sucks. I asked nicely for a loaner vehicle, but nadda. Ughh

Warranty covers it, but damn, it REALLY sucks driving wearing a full snow suit with toque and a mitts and having to scrape your windshield from the inside...

tallted 11-11-2013 11:52 PM

Normally I wouldn't expect them to give a loaner car for something like this, but I live in CA. With it being that cold, they should be setting you up with a car. Its under warranty and should be fixed immediately. Not your fault Ford didn't make enough parts.

Elizabeth 11-12-2013 02:25 AM

Agree unacceptable: time to take the complaint up the chain of command.
When it is totally Ford's failure to have the part..

gostinger 11-12-2013 05:01 AM

I call BS. Ask Mr.Nice guy to step aside and introduce yourself from this point on as Mr. Prick , and rattle some chains from the dealer level on up. I gave people one chance to do the right thing thrn I lay it all out.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using FF Mobile

CunFFS13 11-12-2013 05:27 AM

Really? Ford? You're kidding right!
:)

Deftmetal 11-12-2013 06:05 AM

It took from may to October for ford to fix my drivers seatbelt. The car was not drivable

misfire 11-12-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gemini8026 (Post 4959017)
So a few weeks ago I was driving around and noticed my car was getting VERY hot inside. I cranked down the heat, but the air never cooled down.

2012 Titanium with dual climate controls. 27,000km

Anyhow, long story short, after troubleshooting and messing around, I found there to be an issue with my climate controls.

Took it to the dealership and they checked it out. Apparently a motor burned out that controls the vents.

me - "Ok, thats fine, how long will it take to repair, a day in the shop?"

Local Dealership "Well, theres an issue, no one in North America has that part at the moment, so we need Ford to get them in stock and send it out to us, we have no idea how long it will take"

me - "It's getting cold out"

them - "We'll call you when we have the part"

SOOOO..... Right now, the vent is jammed so that only cold air comes out on the driver side. In Saskatchewan last night it was -22.... It's officially winter here. Im officially freezing. It's been 2 weeks and the forecast is to remain somewhat cold.

This really really sucks. I asked nicely for a loaner vehicle, but nadda. Ughh

Warranty covers it, but damn, it REALLY sucks driving wearing a full snow suit with toque and a mitts and having to scrape your windshield from the inside...

This does stink. Unfortunately Ford does not give out loaner cars typically. Only Lincoln does. Remember that it is not the dealerships fault that Ford does not have the part available for them to install. I would try calling Ford and see if they can help you out. 1-800-392-FORD

dustey 11-12-2013 07:42 AM

That happens when a car sells really well.

It could be the supplier, also. You never know when the bottleneck is.

lewisra 11-12-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfire (Post 4959801)
This does stink. Unfortunately Ford does not give out loaner cars typically. Only Lincoln does. Remember that it is not the dealerships fault that Ford does not have the part available for them to install. I would try calling Ford and see if they can help you out. 1-800-392-FORD

My dealer always does on warranty claims, if my car is kept over night.

suss6052 11-12-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewisra (Post 4960081)
My dealer always does on warranty claims, if my car is kept over night.

That's up to the dealer, Ford Corporate doesn't cover a loaner or rental car unless the car was covered under rental care as part of the ESP service contract, or possibly under a recall. It's written into the owners guide and warranty guide that tries to disarm people from protesting by saying that Ford and your dealer aren't responsible for any inconvenience caused to you if your car is inoperable and awaiting repairs.

Not saying that's the right thing for them to say but it is what they say.