Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   adding heated seats (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326008)

Pur Pony 10-02-2013 10:58 AM

adding heated seats

anyone install a seat heater kit in their car? if so what brand and hows the quality?

freemind 10-12-2013 12:37 AM

Heated seats!

YEAH

I will keep an eye on this thread.................

Pur Pony 10-14-2013 07:31 AM

what i would really like to know is.....

are the seat covers glued to the foam or not on a focus? I need to know if i can put a heating element in the focus seat. Car is a 2002

hlr270 10-19-2013 12:51 PM

Pur Pony no the seat covers are not glued to the main foam but fabric is foam backed so the heating element will sit between the two foam layers (good for the element). I am about to begin a complete re-upholster job on the ZX3 I am building for my daughter and will be adding heat and cooling to the front seats. My idea is to make the system function similar to my Taurus in that the heat comes on automatically when the rear defrost is turned on or manually on demand and cooling on when AC is on max. I will be starting this within the next couple of weeks or so and will document the job to the best of my abilities (or my daughters as she is better with tech the I am).

Sniper Focus 10-20-2013 07:18 PM

^^^

I would like to see your idea for cooled seats. I would love to have A/C'd Recaros [headbang]

rambleon84 10-21-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pur Pony (Post 4900626)
what i would really like to know is.....

are the seat covers glued to the foam or not on a focus? I need to know if i can put a heating element in the focus seat. Car is a 2002

I just took my passenger seat bottom apart on my '07, if you want to see any pictures of the foam/cover/tray/frame i can snap some for you. I havent gotten around to putting the seat back together yet, so i have those pieces laying around still if you have any questions

Only annoying part is the hog rings but a screw driver and pliers took care of them and they are reusable.

I had to swap out my passenger seat sensor (big gel pad deal in the 05-07 for passenger air bag) into the passenger recaro (04) i swapped in.

sleddingguy 11-08-2013 10:05 AM

Just put in seat heaters over the weekend. Mounted the switches into the center console below the shifter. The seat backs are connected by a J-clip that you can separate using a flat head screw driver. The seat bottoms are connected with hog rings. You don't need to pull the entire upolstery off, just enough to get the heating pad on. There is also a metal wire on each side of the bolster underneath that you need to disconnect the the seat backs, and a row of hog rings on the first seam of the seat bottom.
The first side took me about an hour, the second side took under a 1/2 hour. My focus already had a fuse for seat heaters - #52 I think, that I tapped in for power, then grounded on a frame bolt near the fuse panel.