Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Has anyone tried the OBX Exhaust? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325852)

reamkeeper 09-30-2013 08:34 AM

Has anyone tried the OBX Exhaust?

So I did a search and was searching around but I cant find anyone that has actually used it, so has anyone actually purchased the OBX exhaust off of ebay and installed it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Catback-...#ht_2096wt_904

Chadinfocus 09-30-2013 01:53 PM

I looked into these back when I have my 05 but heard that the fitment can be hit or miss with OBX products. If you don't mind that you may have to fiddle with it to make it fit you can save about $100 off the price of the FS Werks kit.

stclark13 09-30-2013 02:27 PM

My only concern would be long term issues like rust and noise. Most cheaper mufflers sound good at first and then 5k later break in and sound like crap. I went that route a few times with my subarus and everytime I regretted it. Just my .02

Sent from my SCH-I545 using FF Mobile 4

A-to-the-J 09-30-2013 03:06 PM

IMHO, I would get it and replace the muffler with like a Magnaflow muffler. You'll get all of the stainless piping and a better muffler for less than the cost of other aftermarket systems. Personally, I'm waiting on my old company to get their prototype back to test fit on my car. I'll start fiddling with that once it is ready.

reamkeeper 09-30-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-to-the-J (Post 4889280)
IMHO, I would get it and replace the muffler with like a Magnaflow muffler. You'll get all of the stainless piping and a better muffler for less than the cost of other aftermarket systems. Personally, I'm waiting on my old company to get their prototype back to test fit on my car. I'll start fiddling with that once it is ready.

That is actually a pretty good idea, I was worried about sound mostly. But if it sounds like stink then I could just replace the muffler! Brilliant! [headbang]

bnoon 10-01-2013 08:12 AM

I had OBX stainless headers on my old Silverado SS and they were awesome quality and were the easiest headers I've ever installed. Quality was very good. Never rusted, so they aren't using the lower quality stainless at least.

I have the OBX header for my Focus now but just haven't installed it. It looks to be just as good of quality as the ones I had on my Silverado. I looked at the cat back OBX exhaust but ended up going with the MS3 stock cat back exhaust at least for now. Now I just have to get them put on!

reamkeeper 10-01-2013 08:56 AM

So I went to a local muffler shop and asked them about options on my car. The guy looked at the exhaust on the lift and said that if it was his car he wouldn't do anything to the exhaust because it is already mandrel bent and stainless. He said if I want noise then to cut off the rear muffler.

I don't want a hack job exhaust and he said if they were to do a 2 1/2 or 2 1/4 exhaust it would cost 900$ from the cat back.

So now I'm trying to think about what I should do. I guess I'll wait and see what the Rebel Devil exhaust final price is.

Seminoles 10-04-2013 12:53 PM

It's a good price but for hatch and PZEV you would have to add an extension on the front where the second cat is, no flange on it so would slip on the pipe you cut off between cat #2 and first resonator sure it would be short and on back for a sedan. Looks like chrome pipe and muffler and a cheap turbo one at that wields look like there already rusting. But for the price what the hay...

meattooth 10-04-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reamkeeper (Post 4889810)
So I went to a local muffler shop and asked them about options on my car. The guy looked at the exhaust on the lift and said that if it was his car he wouldn't do anything to the exhaust because it is already mandrel bent and stainless. He said if I want noise then to cut off the rear muffler.

I don't want a hack job exhaust and he said if they were to do a 2 1/2 or 2 1/4 exhaust it would cost 900$ from the cat back.

So now I'm trying to think about what I should do. I guess I'll wait and see what the Rebel Devil exhaust final price is.

$900 cat back?!?!?!?!?! RUN AWAY! lol

reamkeeper 10-04-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meattooth (Post 4892987)
$900 cat back?!?!?!?!?! RUN AWAY! lol

Ohh I did, no way I'm paying that much.