Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Help? My Focus won't start. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324459)

madaB 09-06-2013 04:33 PM

Help? My Focus won't start.

Hi all, waiting on roadside since my '13 Focus won't start and figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had any experience/ideas of the problem.

There is a red "i" icon flashing between the fuel and temp gauges, no response from the push button. The remote won't lock/unlock the doors, but the doors unlock if I put my hand in the door handle.

Just crossed 900km today and got my first finance invoice in the mail today (great timing).

Any help is appreciated. Hoping its something simple as it would be a major PITA to have to leave my car at the dealership indefinitely.

brochado 09-06-2013 04:35 PM

Your battery on your remote died maybe? The little i shows up when the keys aren't in my car.

madaB 09-06-2013 04:38 PM

Had my wife bring the second set, same result with both keys.

TehMark 09-06-2013 04:59 PM

pop the panel off where a keyed ignition normally is. slide your fob into the holder. see if it starts then. this probably won't work but if the fob is the problem this should rule that out

madaB 09-06-2013 06:48 PM

Thanks for the ideas, guys. Didn't work... Seems it's some kind of computer/electrical problem.

Car was towed to the dealership across town and I was dumped there. Dealership is closed, and apparently it's my responsibility to find my way home/know Ford's dealership hours. Car won't be looked at until Monday at the earliest, which sucks.

Unhappy about the car, completely livid about being stranded at the dealership. When I called back road assist the representative did offer to look up a cab number for me...

feta_mgp 09-06-2013 10:31 PM

Good luck with everything. You can reach out to Ford's reps here on the Forum to escalate your issue and get a helping hang from someone on the inside.

FordServiceCA 09-09-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madaB (Post 4866733)
Hi all, waiting on roadside since my '13 Focus won't start and figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had any experience/ideas of the problem.

There is a red "i" icon flashing between the fuel and temp gauges, no response from the push button. The remote won't lock/unlock the doors, but the doors unlock if I put my hand in the door handle.

Just crossed 900km today and got my first finance invoice in the mail today (great timing).

Any help is appreciated. Hoping its something simple as it would be a major PITA to have to leave my car at the dealership indefinitely.

Hi madaB,

I'm Bianca (also known as ^BLP on Twitter). ;) Did the dealer call you? As I said earlier, your Customer Service Manager Nancy assured me that Sergio from the dealership would call you as soon as he has a moment.

Bianca

madaB 09-10-2013 10:14 AM

I have not heard a peep from the dealership. I will be calling them on my lunch to see when they plan on at least diagnosing the car so I can have some idea of when I will have a car to drive.

Gi_Jo_Nathan 09-10-2013 10:17 AM

Dang that sucks. Hope it gets fixed quick.

madaB 09-10-2013 01:55 PM

Finally got ahold of the dealership and apparently my car has been in the shop since yesterday afternoon. The service advisor also had no idea what is wrong with the car, so that's not very promising. Paying for a brand new car and have no wheels is awesome...