Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Is there anyway to track the build of my Focus? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324450)

rjhansen 09-06-2013 11:20 AM

Is there anyway to track the build of my Focus?
 
Was wondering if there was anyway to track the build of my new car. I remember reading a comment within another thread where someone posted that they could look it up. (Perhaps of Ford technican?) But my searches this AM are not producing results. Any help?

FordService 09-06-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjhansen (Post 4866441)
Was wondering if there was anyway to track the build of my new car. I remember reading a comment within another thread where someone posted that they could look it up. (Perhaps of Ford technican?) But my searches this AM are not producing results. Any help?

Hi rjhansen,

Congratulations on ordering! I'm happy to track your order for you. Send me a PM with your order number and dealership name/location; I'll give you weekly updates on your vehicle's status. If you've been given your VIN, I can use that as well. :)

Crystal

rjhansen 09-06-2013 01:39 PM

PM Sent, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordService (Post 4866581)
Hi rjhansen,

Congratulations on ordering! I'm happy to track your order for you. Send me a PM with your order number and dealership name/location; I'll give you weekly updates on your vehicle's status. If you've been given your VIN, I can use that as well. :)

Crystal


saireah 09-06-2013 10:34 PM

Congratulations! Here's some useful information about the ordering process that I found helpful when ordering my car:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fla2smoker (Post 3778879)
The order number is actually the number the dealer generates for you. Once the order has been placed, you should get a copy of the order with the order number, the dealer code and the priority.. (Ford pulls dealer orders on Thursday night) The next step is the DORA which is Ford accepts the order, after the order is accepted, the next step is a VIN is issued for the order. After the VIN is issued, the next step is a build date. Once a build date is assigned, approximately seven days (our experience) prior to the build date the Monroney (window sticker) is available. Approximately two business days after your car has been built ETIS (European ford website) will show the completion date of your car. The next step is in transit, this is a blackhole, it could be one day or any number of days until your vehicle ships.

(From this thread)

When you get your window sticker, you can see whether or not your car is coming via rail or car. I found that kind of neat. Your build date is on your window sticker, as well.

What did you order? :)

rjhansen 09-06-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saireah (Post 4867184)
Congratulations! Here's some useful information about the ordering process that I found helpful when ordering my car:



(From this thread)

When you get your window sticker, you can see whether or not your car is coming via rail or car. I found that kind of neat. Your build date is on your window sticker, as well.

What did you order? :)

Thanks for the info! SE Sedan, Sterling grey.
The only date I can see on the window sticker is at the bottom and it is today's date. So it was either built today or that is the day my sticker was created. Is there another place to look for build date or perhaps it is a code? It sates that it is being delivered via "convoy" - so must be by truck.

rjhansen 09-07-2013 12:08 PM

OK think I found another date that actually might be the build date. 9/5. In any event, things appear to be moving and I can't wait to get the vehicle.

If the build date is 9/5 or 9/6, why would estimated delivery date by three weeks later? Do they need to let paint cure or are they just over estimating (worse case)?

rjhansen 09-07-2013 12:17 PM

Perhaps a previous question was looking for more specifics, when asked what I ordered. So for those interested, here is my build.

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan, automatic
Sterling Gray Metallic w/two tone leather seats (Tuscany red)
201A equipment group
Remote start, winter package, myFord Touch Sony, and reverse sensors

Really nervous about the Tuscany red. I have not seen this first hand. Went off web images and some made the color look great, while others made it look too bright. Hoping for a darker more rich color. I figured if it was to bright I could stain darker. So fingers crossed that I will not need to do that.

saireah 09-07-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjhansen (Post 4867532)
OK think I found another date that actually might be the build date. 9/5. In any event, things appear to be moving and I can't wait to get the vehicle.

If the build date is 9/5 or 9/6, why would estimated delivery date by three weeks later? Do they need to let paint cure or are they just over estimating (worse case)?

Crystal (FordService) can answer that question. :) Mine was built on 8/17 and delivered to my dealer via rail on 8/27. The original ETA she provided me was 8/31, but then it was pushed up -- and she let me know that. You're in good hands with her tracking for you! My salesperson tracked for me as well but he was more vocal as the car was nearing delivery -- I learned more about when the car went into production, etc with Crystal.

And the Tuscany Red will look great! I'd love to see some pictures. It will make your car unique. :)

And, yes, convoy is truck -- mine clearly said "RAIL."

Also: I've made aesthetic changes to my Focus in the past few weeks, but the one thing I did on the recommendation of these forums is to add a K&N Filter (Amazon was the cheapest that I found -- read the reviews!). It has made a huge difference to me in the stop-to-accelerate (0-5mph) "lag" that I felt with the DCT. Some will argue that it does nothing, but I disagree. I'm really pleased. An inexpensive mod that, I feel, helped me quite a bit.

P.S. Just noticed you're from Iowa! I'm in Des Moines. :)

FordService 09-09-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjhansen (Post 4867532)
...If the build date is 9/5 or 9/6, why would estimated delivery date by three weeks later? Do they need to let paint cure or are they just over estimating (worse case)?

Hi rjhansen,

Delivery dates are estimates and always subject to change. This is why I encourage folks to stay in touch with me so I can keep them updated on any changes to the ETA. Speaking of which, I sent you a PM this morning. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by saireah (Post 4867591)
Crystal (FordService) can answer that question. :) Mine was built on 8/17 and delivered to my dealer via rail on 8/27. The original ETA she provided me was 8/31, but then it was pushed up -- and she let me know that. You're in good hands with her tracking for you!...

Thanks for the shout-out, saireah. You rock! [headbang]

Crystal

rjhansen 09-19-2013 11:13 AM

It has arrived! [:D]
Going to pick it up after work tonight. Will post pics this weekend.

... is it 5:00p yet?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp