Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Anyone like there 2012? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320711)

dsoard 07-09-2013 03:17 PM

Anyone like there 2012?

I have a 2012 Black ses, I love it, but everyone I know who has a new focus has had nothing but trouble.One guy even got ford to take his back. I have had no issues at 29,000 miles. Just wondering what is up. Are these cars great then get mileage on them and fall apart or what.

zehkaiser 07-09-2013 04:55 PM

I haven't had any problems with mine. Some people just can't be satisfied, and others really do get lemons. The voices of the angry will always be louder than the satisfied.

spektrum2 07-09-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zehkaiser (Post 4803276)
The voices of the angry will always be louder than the satisfied.

True dat [hihi] I love this car.ford just needs to get this clutch thing under control with a solid fix and theyve got a winner with this model that they can build on in my mind,but if they leave the early buyers out in the cold it'll kill the rep of the car.

1slofofo 07-09-2013 05:25 PM

DCT quirks sometimes, but quite honestly, it's been rather reliable. Twice it started weird, but that was sub zero temps parked outside overnight.

Besides, everyone says my interior is futuristic and VERY nice/elegant (not bad for a base SE).

Userdenied 07-09-2013 05:31 PM

I don't think the '13 is that much different from the '12, though I'm loving the hell out of mine. It's only been 3 weeks but I've yet to have any issues outside of a door panel that was scratched when I bought it, and that is hardly Ford's fault. :P

I went with the MT though not the DCT that may be why I've been problem free thus far. After reading around the forums here for the last few weeks I think there are two big reasons the Focus has a bad reputation.

1) The DCT has legitimate problems.
2) The people with problems are always going to be louder, and I would also reckon they are also more likely to be the people seeking answers/fixes on forums. People who are general car users aren't going to bother joining a forum if they aren't having problems.

Glockboy98 07-09-2013 05:40 PM

I've had my '12 for over a year now and I love it. Probably one of my favorite cars I've owned so far.

dsoard 07-09-2013 05:45 PM

I have two 2008, one with 127000, one with 91,000. My 2012 drives circles around them. I notice the shifting some but if you consider it's a computer controlled manual its no big deal.

focusstu 07-09-2013 06:11 PM

I have a 2012 Focus S with manual trans. The only problem has been a bad power mirror switch, replaced under warranty. I truly believe the old saying that "it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." To me, it is as much fun as a sports car and is the best combination of ride and handling I have ever experienced.

flyboyike 07-09-2013 06:29 PM

No problems with mine yet, save for smelly A/C which was addressed by replacement of the cabin filter.

spektrum2 07-09-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by focusstu (Post 4803367)
I have a 2012 Focus S with manual trans. The only problem has been a bad power mirror switch, replaced under warranty. I truly believe the old saying that "it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." To me, it is as much fun as a sports car and is the best combination of ride and handling I have ever experienced.

Thats pretty much what I tell people as well.I call it my $20,000 Indy car[woot]

Its an awesome platform and the interior for this class of car is top shelf.I get a coffee and cruise the car lots quite a bit on a lazy sunday every now and then and most of them lose me as soon as I look in the side window as in boring....
I finally checked out a Hyundai Veloster up close and all I can say is somebody is copying somebody here[shhh] looked like a Fusion/Focus blend interior to me and the same basic body lines as the focus,some very nice exterior details but I'm betting if I drove one it would feel like a toyota Yaris.