Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tuning Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   How to unlock SCT flasher from car? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318378)

GBPackFan 06-05-2013 04:50 PM

How to unlock SCT flasher from car?

I've uninstalled the program before and such, but is there any specific procedure for unlocking the flasher from my car. I am purchasing a new SVT and would like to use my flasher on that one instead.

Focus112 06-05-2013 05:00 PM

just return the old car back to stock. If you go to info the tuner should now say unmarried i believe.

BlkNite713 06-05-2013 06:30 PM

Pm me and I will tell you how.... Can not make the secret known on the forums tho.

iminhell 06-05-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkNite713 (Post 4765337)
Pm me and I will tell you how.... Can not make the secret known on the forums tho.

There is no secret bud.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focus112 (Post 4765255)
just return the old car back to stock. If you go to info the tuner should now say unmarried i believe.

That is correct.

BlkNite713 06-05-2013 08:42 PM

If you return the car to stock it will still be paired to the ecu via vin in the programmer because of the sct's last firmware update. Can't transfer unless you pay the unlock fee of $160.

sam fisher 06-05-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkNite713 (Post 4765526)
If you return the car to stock it will still be paired to the ecu via vin in the programmer because of the sct's last firmware update. Can't transfer unless you pay the unlock fee of $160.

When was the last firmware update? Would the sct 3 i bought roughly 2 months ago have this updated firmware already installed??

Sent from my LG-LG730 using FF Mobile

BlkNite713 06-05-2013 08:47 PM

I'm unsure.... I just remember trying to unpair/unmarry mine from the sct and even tho it will say unmarried in the sct it wouldn't allow me to pair with another's svt.

Anthony

zetecDon 06-06-2013 01:22 AM

Moved to "ECU Tuning Chat".

zetecDon 06-06-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

The only thing you can't do is sell it on the forums. Other than that, it's all good to go. Also I am moving this to "ECU Tuning Chat".

Mile30 06-06-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Pm me and I will tell you how.... Cannot make the secret known on the forums tho.

That's not really the nature of these forums...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkNite713 (Post 4765526)

I just picked one up from a fellow fanatic, we were texting back and forth last night as we both messed around on our respective computers.

3 modes for SCT Xcalibrater 2 or 3 (as far as I know)
Married to your VIN number and ONLY your vin number. If you still have the old one you can return it to stock tuning maps and that leaves you at the second mode->
-Semi Locked
Still assigned to your car. You can visit their website and down load their program Liveload. With your tuner plugged in via USB, you can open the program with the computer and communicate with the SCT box, check the status and unlocks left, and Unlock the box.
-Unused (unlocked)
Ready for reassignment. You can't just plug it in to another car and reap the benefits, though. You need to hit a tuning shop and have a registered SCT dealer assign a tune to your new VIN, or reload a previous tune you already had there

I had one yeeeeears ago, but it ended up getting stolen. Now that I just got an unlocked one from another member; I can go back where I originally had it tuned and they're gonna reload my tunes on the box. In the OP's case: you need to unlock or semi-lock it before getting rid of the old car it's assigned to, and then get the new car tuned and reassigned to the box.
If it's locked down... you WILL need to pay the extra to get it unlocked, though.