Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   North East Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   summit point emra races this weekend (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3183)

garyk 11-17-2003 09:15 AM

summit point emra races this weekend

ill be running the svtf at summit this sunday to reup my comp license. its in the harpers ferry area in w.va. eastern panhandle. will be running sunday only. hey zx3 chick aka ashley, wanna come out.

Chick 11-17-2003 09:54 AM

LOL....Is this post for me? I don't know. This is kinda a last minute thing. I might have to think about it.

garyk 11-17-2003 05:40 PM

yeah

i know its last minute but i thought some of you west vaers might be interested. the weather is supposed to be halfway decent. on sat night they run a 2 hour night enduro. its pretty cool.

viney266 11-18-2003 11:06 AM

Did you say night enduro, as in , in the dark, something I've never seen, I am thinking 12 hours of sebring type stuff?,.. What time does it start, will you be there sat. night gary?, also I have to be at my shop till 4 , but summit is only 1.5 hours away for me. I couldn't stay, have stuff to do on sunday, but I would love to see that.

garyk 11-19-2003 08:53 AM

enduro

its neat vin. it s 4 hours w/2 run sat nite and 2 run in am. it used to be from 5 until 9 but new noise restrictions killed that. ill be going up saturday around noon and probably work the enduro. its wild. they use a handicap method w/the fastest cars starting as much as 45 minutes after the slowest. this is the event that occasionally ends w/a car in a tree.

viney266 11-19-2003 10:11 AM

How much to get in just for Sat. I might bring a few friends and they will care?. I don't know about you, but the noise restrictions at places like summit really irratate me. I agree that cars don't need to be noisy for no reason, but race cars do make a certain amount of noise at speed. Anyway, When the track has been there forever ( like summit or 75-80) the neighbors build houses next to it, or down the road and then bitch about the noise, when the track was there when they bought the house, I'm sorry, but no--one IMO should listen to their complaints, it was there when you moved in.

garyk 11-19-2003 10:48 AM

noise

ditto on that. thats what i like about vir, no noise restrictions. there is no charge to get in for emra events. bring a bunch of folks. its an interesting event. and vin i made a sign for the back of my car- its not paid for-dont hit me. w/emra its the more, the merrier. good people. ive known some of them for over 30 years. unlike nasa, i got teched on the phone after telling chief of tech, whom i know well, what ive done to car. easy people to live with.

garyk 11-24-2003 03:49 PM

survived

well im back. despite fc front control arm busting at 4pm friday we made it out. i want to thank joe, hal, rob, jean, bob hill, peter and especially todd reid who had his crew align my car at the track despite the fact that we run in the same class. guys thanks for coming. the weather was great, the party was (oh dont remember much of that) the racing over way to soon and the company was great. see you next week at vir.

viney266 11-25-2003 02:02 PM

Sorry I didn't see you there, got tied up at work making money, glad to hear you had fun!!

garyk 11-25-2003 03:00 PM

fun

oh yeah. i was a little nervous until the practice session was over. then i realized those big trucks were driven so well that i knew they wouldnt run me over. earlier in the drivers meeting i said please dont hit me-its not paid for. a vette driver said good-a target. but it was one of those perfect days. came in 2nd or 3rd in class (left before reults were posted), partied, hung with old and new friends and weather too good to be true. if i didn't have vir coming up i would have to enter a 12 step program for race withdrawal.