Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: SoCal (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hello from Socal (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317100)

PhillipL 05-21-2013 04:18 PM

Hello from Socal

Hi everyone, Is there any place that will rent tools and space for you to work on your own cars in Socal near SGV? I'm looking for a place like that to make working on my car easier. I sometimes need specialty tools or run into a problem which always makes the work longer than I expected. It would be even better if they have a lift and other equipment. Something like a self-serve garage or DIY garage. Any info would be very helpful.

amc49 05-21-2013 05:56 PM

Can't see a lift. The liability issues there would be tremendous. Renting space out can even bite you. Having rented tools out I can say we made no money there either, rather lost. You can't imagine how many people utterly destroy tools due to incompetency.

Luck in your search..................if ex-military they may have something on base.

JFrye 05-21-2013 10:49 PM

Weve got a shop out here in central Missouri that will rent you a bay for 10 bucks an hour, or 20 bucks an hour if you need a bay with a lift. They even have ASE certified techs on hand in case you have questions or need help.

I know this is no where even close to where you are, but there are some shops out there that do this.

amc49 05-22-2013 03:40 AM

I certainly cannot imagine someone staying put doing that longterm. Too cheap. Business cost is higher than that. Someone at the least would have to own his own building. Who's paying the techs to spend time there and with what?

sleepyboy 05-22-2013 03:50 AM

Moved you to the regional Socal chat are, you might get better help here.

ViperThreat 05-22-2013 12:41 PM

www.urdreamgarage.com

13409 Garvey Ave., Suite 4 Baldwin Park, CA 91706

I havent been there yet, but i definitely plan on making a visit there. Looks like its about $40 an hour to rent a lift.

Lappracing 05-23-2013 01:08 AM

I'm in Moorpark and I have most every tool you may need. Hit me up if you need anything.

PhillipL 06-02-2013 04:46 PM

Ok, I went to check out that "Your Dream Garage" yesterday to do my brakes. Kinda out of the way for me but it gave me an excuse to visit my mom who lives a couple miles from there. Anyway, I tell you what, this place is legit. I rented a bay with a lift for an hour with no problems what so ever. This place has every tool you can imagine. From tire mounting machines to hand and air tools to high end scan tools... The place is clean, well lit and easy to get to. If you are in or around the Los Angeles area and need a place to work on your car, you cant beat this place... I told the guys there I would spread the word for them so here is a shameless plug on their behalf.. Check them out @ urdreamgarage.com

ViperThreat 06-02-2013 05:52 PM

Cool, ill definitely have to check them out then. I plan on doing the suspension on my subie sometime within the next few months, so Ill probably just do it there to save me time and effort.

PhillipL 06-02-2013 07:55 PM

Viper, Tell you what... it was badass there... The guys who run the shop are cool... They have to rack the car and take it out when you are done but other than that they pretty much let you do your thing. There were a few other people there working when I was there... A WRX, BMW and a Grand Prix... All doing something different... Plenty of tools and help from their crew if you need it... And like I said I was in and out in an hour so it only cost me $25 for the shop time... That along with the deal I got on my pads and rotors... Damn why would I ever want to take it to a shop to have someone put them on for me... Check them out.. You wont be disappointed.... Damn... I sound like a commercial... lol