Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   No more hood prop rod! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316524)

SkyPilot 05-14-2013 02:49 PM

No more hood prop rod!
 
If you havent seen it already this is a must have for ANY car owner. FF Authorized Vendor Shade-010 is selling the Redline Tuning Hood Strut Kit with Free Shipping.

The Install was quick and painless took all of about 10 min and no more pesky Hood Prop!

Now to the Pics!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ps9bf2c69f.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ps2c79bac6.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ps68eec871.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...psca7782f2.jpg

And yes I know my engine bay is dirty.

The Kit comes with the 2 hood struts, mounting hardware, and Color easy to read directions. Well worth the $$$ Very happy I made this purchase.

misfire 05-14-2013 03:04 PM

very nice!

ATFIII 05-14-2013 03:53 PM

What is the damage for a set of these babies? I love my Ti, but nothing feels cheaper than a hood rod on a top of the line car.

Elizabeth 05-14-2013 03:53 PM

I open my hood twice a year. Once to change the oil, once to check it.
Since I only drive 4,000 miles a year...
But it DOES look nice. for folks who like to show what they got, it would be a must.

Anthony14 05-14-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 4724965)
I open my hood twice a year. Once to change the oil, once to check it.
Since I only drive 4,000 miles a year...
But it DOES look nice. for folks who like to show what they got, it would be a must.


I'm the same way, but eh, I still ordered it. [drinking]

TboneZX3 05-14-2013 03:57 PM

Awesome. Thanks for sharing Skypilot!

EDIT: I wish this would have been available before my K&N Typhoon seal was permanently dented by the prop rod...

Twenty 05-14-2013 03:57 PM

I open my hood at every fill up to check fluids and do a quick inspection. These are absolutely worth the money.

Chick 05-14-2013 04:08 PM

Those things are awesome. Money well spent.

SkyPilot 05-14-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATFIII (Post 4724962)
What is the damage for a set of these babies? I love my Ti, but nothing feels cheaper than a hood rod on a top of the line car.

$90 total when you buy from Shade-010 they also offer elite struts which as far as I can tell are just chrome and cost more.

TboneZX3 05-14-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyPilot (Post 4724987)
$90 total when you buy from Shade-010 they also offer elite struts which as far as I can tell are just chrome and cost more.

The Elites are polished stainless.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp