Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK3 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Don't see many loaded SEs or Tis on the road (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316439)

Tigeo 05-13-2013 12:19 PM

Don't see many loaded SEs or Tis on the road

One thing I have noticed is the lack of upper-end Focus trim levels on the road i.e. SE w/201a or Titanium..especially with the handling package (18" wheels giving it away). I suppose folks have an issue spending a lot on this kind of car..but I would argue that you won't find a nicer car for $20k than mine! Is this something others have noticed?

TboneZX3 05-13-2013 12:41 PM

Yes, I have noticed this. I always figured it was just the high percentage of plain fleet & rental cars vs. low percentage of private-owner cars with nicer options.

valmundo 05-13-2013 12:46 PM

Where I live (South Florida - Fort Lauderdale area), I see more and more Ti sedans and Hatches everyday. In fact, I saw a new Ti Hatch on the freeway. (Platinum white).

Just Tom 05-13-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigeo (Post 4723461)
One thing have noticed is the lack of upper-end Focus trim levels on the road i.e. SE w/201a or Titanium..especially with the handling package (18" wheels giving it away). I suppose folks have an issue spending a lot on this kind of car..but I would argue that you find a nicer car for $20k like mine! Is this something others have noticed?

It must be a regional thing based on what the dealerships order from the factory. Here in SoCal, virtually every Focus I see on the road is either an SE (at the minimum) or a Titanium, like mine. I also have the handling package which you referenced, earlier. Yes, generally speaking, I think when you start pushing $28k-30k many people opt for other brands. That being said, with this economy, there are probably a lot more people who've downgraded from more expensive luxury brands who wouldn't settle for anythig less than a fully loaded Focus. This seems to be very prevalant in the area where I live.

Tigeo 05-13-2013 12:57 PM

For the SE with the 201a...its a $20k car..that is why I am suprised I don't see many of them. But I think you are right..its what dealers have on their lots that will dictate this.

FocusTi 05-13-2013 01:01 PM

Here in NJ, there are at least 3 Tis I know of. Mine, my neighbors, and my friend's.

RonMaiden 05-13-2013 01:17 PM

Lots of SEs around here if you look but the new Escapes have really taken off here in Colorado and outnumber MK3s probably 10 to 1 and alot of them seem to be of the upper trim levels or very well equipped. I see alot of privately owned 3rd gens and alot are shod with just hubcaps but the occasional SEL or Ti pops up. Black pack,17" black wheels and the STs are very far and apart;I've only seen 2 STs on the road since they came out.

I didn't require my Focus to be loaded since the upper trim levels are really just alot of pricey creature comforts and some bling outside the 18' wheel package but performance is generally the same.
There isn't one thing from the higher trim level that would make me enjoy my Focus more and I think the $800 Sport package (seats,leather wheel and knob,rear DISCS) was quite a steal for what you got with a '12 SE.

garyd9 05-13-2013 01:22 PM

In western PA, it's very difficult to find any titanium's new at the dealerships. For example, at the 5 closest dealerships to my house, there are a grand total of 4 ti's on the lots.

(I've seen ZERO on the road other than my own... but 3 at dealership service departments - probably for DCT and/or MFT issues.)

I Bleed Ford Blue 05-13-2013 01:25 PM

At the dealer last week when I bought my kid a 13 SE with 201A there were 5 more in various colors, but about 25 regular SE's a couple of Ti's and 5 ST's. Since the ST's came out I've only seen 1 on the road, but I see a ton of them sitting on the lot.

amoosenamedhank 05-13-2013 01:26 PM

There are a crap ton of these things in my area. Mostly SE or SEL's. Some S and some Ti.

Mostly sedans being driven by 40 year old women.