Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   svt brake upgrade? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315120)

phocusphreak 04-25-2013 07:38 PM

svt brake upgrade?
 
heard of people upgrading to svt brakes. i have an 08'. the svt rotors, calipers swap on? whats the difference in these kits im seeing?

felixthecat 04-26-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phocusphreak (Post 4700331)
heard of people upgrading to svt brakes. i have an 08'. the svt rotors, calipers swap on? whats the difference in these kits im seeing?

Yes, The svt brakes are a direct bolt on. Your going from a 10.9'' to a 11.8'' rotor w/ bigger calipers. I'd add a set of ss brake lines to it.

phocusphreak 04-30-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixthecat (Post 4700960)
Yes, The svt brakes are a direct bolt on. Your going from a 10.9'' to a 11.8'' rotor w/ bigger calipers. I'd add a set of ss brake lines to it.

What are ss lines? Ss as in supersport. Where do you recommend gettin those?

focusmaniaczx3 04-30-2013 08:18 AM

braided stainless steel lines. you can do a front and rear conversion to swap to SVT rotors in the rear and get rid of the drums as well. russel makes a good ss brake line kit for svt brakes. look on ebay

felixthecat 04-30-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phocusphreak (Post 4706503)
What are ss lines? Ss as in supersport. Where do you recommend gettin those?

Checkout http://batinc.for stainless steel lines. The russell ones have pretty short lenght, for the front.

focusmaniaczx3 04-30-2013 07:08 PM

they worked just fine for me


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp