Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drag Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Focus is not a 1/4 mile car ... (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31497)

coleslaststand 12-02-2004 11:29 AM

Focus is not a 1/4 mile car ...

Just take it to a nice road course and you'll more than hold your own with just about anything stock that comes in under 25 grand --- At least in the SVT you will. Drag racing isn't even racing to me ... it requires very little skill compared to other forms of racing. I admit, it is fun to watch and fun to do but it is not real racing.

yellowzx3R 12-02-2004 12:36 PM

It is!

S2 12-02-2004 12:40 PM

I completely agree unless your running one up at the level that Turbo Tom is, it's pointless or if you got a V8 conversion to that extent.

sexy2002svt 12-02-2004 12:45 PM

Re: Focus is not a 1/4 mile car ...

Quote:

Originally posted by coleslaststand
Just take it to a nice road course and you'll more than hold your own with just about anything stock that comes in under 25 grand --- At least in the SVT you will. Drag racing isn't even racing to me ... it requires very little skill compared to other forms of racing. I admit, it is fun to watch and fun to do but it is not real racing.
i agree that the focus is not a drag car, and if you are dragging the focus, it's kinda pointless................but i dissagree when you say that there is very little skill involved compared to other forms of racing, especially when you get into professional drag racing, like the NHRA, etc..............

EuroZX3 12-02-2004 12:48 PM

so i guess anyone that cant spend 30 grand on their car shouldnt drag race [rollseyes]

i could see this getting ugly.

yellowzx3R 12-02-2004 12:52 PM

well is not a drag car, but is fun in light to light duels.

coleslaststand 12-02-2004 01:00 PM

so i guess anyone that cant spend 30 grand on their car shouldnt drag race [rollseyes]

^^^^^^^
Who said anything about drag racing and money? I am not really trying to stir the pot, just pointing out that the Focus is a drivers car not a drag car ... it should be appreciated for what it is, and not criticized as much for what it's not ...
Don't get me wrong, I like drag racing ... I had an '85 Z28, and she would lay rubber from here to eternity but it would also end up around a tree if it tried to chase a Focus up a curvy road ...

yellowzx3R 12-02-2004 01:24 PM

Ok. this is what I learned today about the Focus
1. Driver's Car.
2. Twisties car.
Good.

blackzx3_13 12-04-2004 02:22 AM

i agree 100%, now with the exception of the upper professional levels of the sport, any old moron with a car can go to the local strip and drag. Car And Driver proved this when they successfully bracket raced a H2. REAL driving is what my focus was built for, and it gets its fair share of it. And, I have suprised more than one fellow autocrosser with how fast my car is around the cones, the last race of the year i got 13th overall out of lik 110, in the rain. look at the results and see some of the cars below me and look at my really good friend finishing 8th overall in his svt. www.autocross.com/texasregion